Board logo

DAB Radio numpty question
stevec - 6/8/07 at 05:48 PM

Being brought with a thing called a wireless I have no clue about the new fangled radio stuff.
But my darling daughter has bought a DAB radio, what do I plug the co ax type ariel socket thingy in the back of it into ?
Thanks.
Steve.

millemg - 6/8/07 at 05:58 PM

http://item.express.ebay.co.uk/TOP-QUALITY-TELEVES-3-ELEMENT-DAB-AERIAL-8-5dB-GAIN_W0QQitemZ120016081638QQihZ002QQtrZexpQQcmdZExpressItem

Peteff - 6/8/07 at 06:10 PM

They don't broadcast a DAB signal round here but they don't tell you that when you go to buy a radio.

stevec - 6/8/07 at 06:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Peteff
They don't broadcast a DAB signal round here but they don't tell you that when you go to buy a radio.

Gits.

stevec - 6/8/07 at 06:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by millemg
http://item.express.ebay.co.uk/TOP-QUALITY-TELEVES-3-ELEMENT-DAB-AERIAL-8-5dB-GAIN_W0QQitemZ120016081638QQihZ002QQtrZexpQQcmdZExpressItem

Thanks, that will make her squeak

I looked for the petrol cap on it and lost interest when I couldn't find it.
Steve.

ravingfool - 6/8/07 at 07:00 PM

I think you'll find that there's a map of DAB coverage on the internet? My bro checked it out before buying me one for my last bithday. Very good things, very impressive quality even when taking the aux output through my amplifier and floor standing speakers. Only narrowly discernible from CD quality. (assuming quality broadcast, and there is some difference between the stations, I assume as a result of the respective transmitter distances.)

David Jenkins - 6/8/07 at 07:11 PM

Try typing your postcode in here.

ravingfool - 6/8/07 at 07:16 PM

that'll be what I was talking about! Thanks David

coozer - 6/8/07 at 08:40 PM

I had the same hassle when my DAb came without an arial.

However after sourcing one on Google and getting it up and working its brilliant.

If your getting on like me Arrowrock is the 60's/70's rock bo€€ocks!!

Coverage for me is very good with the only point being the A19/A690 junction where masses of high voltage cable cross overhead...

Steve

stevec - 6/8/07 at 09:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins
Try typing your postcode in here.

Yippee We get a yes you can receive.
Thanks.
Steve.