Board logo

Famous namesakes
iank - 28/9/07 at 09:54 PM

Following on from this thread link I wonder if anyone else has famous or interesting people with the same/similar names?

I'm a professional body builder, run 6.319 secs, 215.9 mph on the drag strip astride a top fuel bike as current European champion, supply CCD's to astronomers and do watercolours on Anglia TV

I wish!!!

zilspeed - 28/9/07 at 10:00 PM

I don't need to do a search for this one.

With the exception of the K bit, my famous namesake is JFK.

Same first name, same second name, forget the Kennedy bit.

joneh - 28/9/07 at 10:03 PM

A quick google search for my name had no matches, other than me. Although my home address, email address and telephone number are in google. Smooth.

The real bizzare thing is my company address is different yet some website managed to get my home address!

blakep82 - 28/9/07 at 10:05 PM

blakey from on the busses

oooh, i hate you butler!

love it

RazMan - 28/9/07 at 10:27 PM

Apparently I'm a childrens entertainer in New Zealand and my brother is an Emmy Award-winning screenwriter and film director

How come he always gets the best jobs?

[Edited on 29-9-07 by RazMan]

skydivepaul - 28/9/07 at 10:28 PM

I've got a ducati named after me!!!

linky

A TRIBUTE TO RACER PAUL SMART AND THE IMOLA 200 VICTORY

Inspired by Paul Smart’s 750 Imola racer, engineered to capture the verve of the original and to fulfill the demands of today’s sport rider. The Paul Smart 1000 Limited Edition introduces many features that reflect fondly on the past, while being interpreted in a modern way. Presentation...

Click on the bike to discover more about the specific features of the SportClassic Paul Smart 1000 Limited Edition, browse photos in the dedicated gallery, which are also available as downloadable wallpapers or download the SportClassic MY2006 catalogue.

[Edited on 28/9/07 by skydivepaul]

alister667 - 28/9/07 at 10:37 PM

There was a famous Stock Car racer called Alistair Jackson in Northern Ireland I *think* he was hot rod world champion in the seventies, but almost everyone in motorsport asks me am I related once they hear my name.

I'm not wish I had his talent though!

Also googleing Ali Jackson turns up a jazz drummer (that's not a euphemism btw!).

Simon - 28/9/07 at 10:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by skydivepaul
A TRIBUTE TO RACER PAUL SMART AND THE IMOLA 200 VICTORY

Bought my ZZR1100 of him in 1991

ATB

Simon

rayward - 28/9/07 at 10:53 PM

ooooohhhhh

Gunsmiths!!!

Ray

kipper - 28/9/07 at 11:32 PM

kipling
you all Know him, but all my life I have been a kipper.
What can I say?
Regards Kipper.

scoobyis2cool - 29/9/07 at 12:07 AM

I'm NBC's News Justice Correspondent, a sports memorabilia expert, and a philosopher.

I've also got a mate called Steve Martin, and his brother is called Chris Martin

Pete

brynhamlet - 29/9/07 at 07:08 AM

My last name is Hamlet - famous Shakespear character or maybe famous Cigar

donut - 29/9/07 at 07:15 AM

They named an entire hemmesphere after me!!!!

Andy West

worX - 29/9/07 at 08:17 AM

There is only one of me if spelt correctly!

If shortened to Steve though, I am either: Head of Music; a Solicitor or a Sgt on a North Pole expedition! Or maybe all three and I'm a busy lad!

Steve

martyn_16v - 29/9/07 at 09:46 AM

I appear to be a DJ on Bonanza FM (sounds grrrrreat ), and a lawyer. Oh and i'm buried in Las Animas Cemetery in Colorado

ravingfool - 29/9/07 at 04:10 PM

I am:
An independent financial advisor
The goal keeper for Grimsby Town
And A bit part actor from the 40s and 50s!

RoadkillUK - 29/9/07 at 04:33 PM

Apparently I'm a teacher and a musician who lives in Dubai (odd really, my sister lives in Dubai).

Also I'm the Director of Finance in the Sheffield Children's NHS Foundation Trust

Also an up and coming Film Director

I never knew

Wadders - 29/9/07 at 04:38 PM

Seems i'm the drummer with the 'unforgiven'....rock & roll

robinbastd - 29/9/07 at 09:08 PM

A cricketer, computer programmer and a jazz drummer - oh, and an accountant in Scotland.
I bet they're honoured to be in the company of a smut-peddler.

Ian