Board logo

Ebay and paypal
omega 24 v6 - 12/12/07 at 12:50 PM

OK so I've bought and paid for an item and I've no reason to suspect there is a problem BUT after 12 days it's still a no show. The guy has 100% feedback and I've been in contact with his father twice and had a failed (non replied)?? contact through ebay email and a non returned text message to his mobile. I have spoken to his father since this failed contact and he assures me it has been posted with royal fail or parcel farce and he's gonna get the details to me.
How long should I leave it as a few of you have said what a shambles the post is at the moment. Is there a limit as to how long I have to report it as not recieved to ebay and paypal??
At the minute my feeling is to say that I'm gonna cancel my paypal payment (through my credit card) and if the item arrives then I'll send him a cheque to cover the cost.

Discuss please.

rallyingden - 12/12/07 at 01:03 PM

I have always used & try to get sellers to use Parcelforce 48 ( cheap ) this way the items are Tracked and can be insured.

The day they send the goods they should know the tracking number.

I've had no problems but if your seller has used similar and they cannot supply a tracking number then I would cancel payment.

RD

bonzoronnie - 12/12/07 at 01:23 PM

Hi,
Personally I would start the ball rolling by reporting the item to Ebay as not recieved.

This should take you to Paypal to open up a buyer dispute.

Once a dispute is opened. Sellers are often a lot keener to talk to you.

Give the item another week to arrive, if it is still no show. Esculate your dispute into a full claim.
If the seller does not respond to the dispute, Paypal will automaticly refund your payment.

I have sent out a large number of large bulky ebay items during the last few weeks. As far away as the scotish highlands. All have arrived within 1-3days via standard parcels.
Royal mail seem to work OK for me.

Ronnie

martin1973 - 12/12/07 at 01:46 PM

royal mail standard parcels can take up to 10 days, but in busy times can take longer.

the post office will not accept a claim till after 30 days

but if nothing turns up paypal will refund u because they need proof of delivery not just proof of post.

worX - 12/12/07 at 02:44 PM

It's not 30 days, it's 15 days after the expected delivery date, and for Standard parcels that is 3 - 5 Days. Also that is for calendar days and not working days.

You don't need to guess how I know (still hoping the stuff will turn up at MNR)

Steve

omega 24 v6 - 12/12/07 at 05:49 PM

Spoke to a local postie this morning and he agrees the post is a shambles at the moment. According to him more than 20 drivers have jacked in the Aberdeen area in less than 2 weeks
Also he said that a parcel farce package he sent himself took 2 weeks to reach southern England.
Perhaps my patience will last till the weekend especially if the guy gets in touch as his father promised. If not by Friday then it's all gonna go tits up

segan2b - 12/12/07 at 08:41 PM

Don't leave it too long I recently lost money because I was fobbed off by a buyer. Eventually lodged a dispute and claim but paypal will NOT refund if you are over 45 days after payment

I have a suspicion the seller knew this

omega 24 v6 - 14/12/07 at 07:46 PM

Filed a dispute