Board logo

Owwww!
James - 20/12/07 at 04:38 PM

Just hammered my goddamn thumb whilst putting up coving.

Oooooch!

So come on here to sulk!

Can tell the customer I'm putting it up for has gone out for the afternoon- can't you!

Cheers,
James

[Edited on 20/12/07 by James]

TimC - 20/12/07 at 04:53 PM

So in summary, you're quite happy to get kicked, punched and whatever else you lunatics do but you don't like hurting your thumb?

As our Septic cousins would say "go figure!"

bonzoronnie - 20/12/07 at 05:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by James
Just hammered my goddamn thumb whilst putting up coving.

Oooooch!

So come on here to sulk!

Can tell the customer I'm putting it up for has gone out for the afternoon- can't you!

Cheers,
James

[Edited on 20/12/07 by James]

Don't you just hate it when that happens

My first words would have been " Where is that bloody Gripfill " !!??

Ronnie

Mr Whippy - 20/12/07 at 07:59 PM

use screws there safer and easier to remove when the glues set

gazza285 - 20/12/07 at 08:02 PM

If you know you are so clumsy why aren't you twice as careful?

alfasudsprint - 20/12/07 at 08:28 PM

i found coving a nice job but bashed my thumb upteen times doing 3 rooms. OPuch the last time!!!

alfasudsprint - 20/12/07 at 08:28 PM

i found coving a nice job but bashed my thumb umpteen times doing 3 rooms. OPuch the last time!!!

Danozeman - 20/12/07 at 09:24 PM

dont understand. No more nails doesnt hurt your thumbs?!

thunderace - 20/12/07 at 09:26 PM

i have never seen it put up with nails ???

WHY ARE YOU USEING NAILS ??

RazMan - 20/12/07 at 11:42 PM

Probably bashing the 'no nails' cartridge with a lump hammer to get the last dregs out

Confused but excited. - 21/12/07 at 12:33 AM

^^^

James - 21/12/07 at 08:49 AM

Even No More Nails isn't so 'grab' that it'll hold instantly is it? And if it did, you wouldn't be able to adjust the coving at all!

Using 3-3.6m lengths so couple of nails each end at the 83mm 'drop' line and 1 in the middle just to support the coving whilst I press each end into the wall and line it all up. Once it's in place, whip out the nail and fill the hole with adhesive.

Actually quite enjoyed it till the hammer incident!

Cheers,
James

[Edited on 21/12/07 by James]

DaveFJ - 21/12/07 at 11:53 AM

quote:
Originally posted by James

Even No More Nails isn't so 'grab' that it'll hold instantly is it? And if it did, you wouldn't be able to adjust the coving at all!

Using 3-3.6m lengths so couple of nails each end at the 83mm 'drop' line and 1 in the middle just to support the coving whilst I press each end into the wall and line it all up. Once it's in place, whip out the nail and fill the hole with adhesive.

Actually quite enjoyed it till the hammer incident!

Cheers,
James

[Edited on 21/12/07 by James]

Ahh but have you tried no more nails 'instant grab'... that really does! - fitted a load of skirting boards with that and there is no time for adjustment at all!