Board logo

Anyone watching C4??????
DarrenW - 2/1/08 at 10:29 PM

Iam gobsmacked. Thought id seen it all. Now there are grown women buying realistic looking dolls / babies and going to Harrods for clothes. Even pushing them around the streets in expensive prams.

You have to hand it to C4 sometimes - they do some amazing programmes.

Stop press - daft bint has just blown £294 on a dolls outfit!!!!!!!

coozer - 2/1/08 at 10:31 PM

Nay, Stingray on BBC 4

Howlor - 2/1/08 at 10:35 PM

Weird! And the half ton mum before!

blakep82 - 2/1/08 at 10:36 PM

still game on bbc2, just finished. those dolls looked pretty real from the ads! :O

Benzine - 2/1/08 at 10:39 PM

Seriously freaked me out

DarrenW - 2/1/08 at 10:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Benzine
Seriously freaked me out

Me too Benzine - thats why ive got my head in this laptop.

The people who make them have a real talent but i have serious reservations about those who buy them.

blakep82 - 2/1/08 at 10:52 PM

^ i suppose its women that can't have babies for one reason or another which is sad, but i'm not sure this is the right way to deal with it...

zilspeed - 2/1/08 at 10:56 PM

Yes, it's all a bit strange.

But, I think in every case there is a personal tragedy that the woman has never got over. It's all quite tragic really.

andyace - 2/1/08 at 10:58 PM

oops, she's just found a crack !!

blakep82 - 2/1/08 at 11:00 PM

that guy on there just said what i was thinking! they look like dead babies...

Benzine - 2/1/08 at 11:00 PM

Some people could have babies but chose not to and had these dolls instead. I didn't watch all of the program but one woman got one because her son died very young, imo that's no way to deal with losing a child (as tragic as it is) and it won't be doing her any good.

oadamo - 2/1/08 at 11:03 PM

ive got 2 already. id have a fake on any day
cost less and dont do your head in
adam

blakep82 - 2/1/08 at 11:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by oadamo
adam

or just look at other people's kids on the internet!

oh, no, er, wait...

Howlor - 2/1/08 at 11:08 PM

Do you reckon my missus would let me go to Washington to collect my new throttle bodies and ensure they get back safe?!

DarrenW - 2/1/08 at 11:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by oadamo
adam

Youve got 2 fake ones????? Car only has one spare seat - how do you schose which one to take out without upsetting the other?

I know what you really mean ha ha - i knew there was a reason to them. I love my 2 to bits but sometimes the quiet option is quite appealing.

Maybe im missing a crucial bit of motherhood and tragedy management but as said above do they really help? That older womans husband said what we were all thinking - brave man. Bet he's had his bed action curtailed after that. Even the grandson had some interesting comments to make.

nitram38 - 3/1/08 at 12:03 AM

Who can figure women's minds anyway?

Still talking of strange, there are men who obsese about building their own cars under the delusion that it will only cost £250 .................................

MK Charlie - 3/1/08 at 12:23 AM

Why spend £294 on a dolls outfit? She could have spent £250 and built herself a car and had £44 left over for petrol!
WOMEN!!! haha

DorsetStrider - 3/1/08 at 02:01 AM

There are some seriously frecking weird freaks out there...

I've even heard of this book and website where people try to build sports cars for £250!!!! can you imagine?! lol

Seriously thou I only saw a little bit of the program and I though that those girls need lots of help. And this is someone that has studied counselling saying this!

[Edited on 3/1/08 by DorsetStrider]

Mr Whippy - 3/1/08 at 08:16 AM

Strangely I watch that, don't know why. Very very disturbed people. I can't believe they were taking them out in prams, what are they suppose to say to people? Oh he's not quiet it's just a doll?! Freaky

As for that idiot who bought those shoes for something like £170 from Harrods, nearly died laughing when I saw how small they were

nitram38 - 3/1/08 at 09:06 AM

Imagine if someone dies trying to save one of those dolls from some sort of accident or the shock of coming across one in some car wreck, all because that mistook it for a real baby!

Mr Whippy - 3/1/08 at 09:20 AM

could have some fun though, baby on skate board down steep hill , baby rides r/c aeroplane through park! double !! I know sick...

Peteff - 3/1/08 at 09:24 AM

I didn't watch it on TV but there are exhibitions at the NEC where people go to buy and look at these things. My wife went to a miniatures exhibition and they were in the next hall. She said how weird it was to see grown men and women carrying these things round like babies and talking to and showing them stuff as if they were real.