Board logo

Cheap Tin Top Insurance
RazMan - 14/1/08 at 11:50 PM

I just need the minimum cover to be road legal and it's gotta be CHEAP coz it's just a runabout which will be chucked in a skip when I'm finished with it

Where should I look to get scrooge type premiums?

[Edited on 14-1-08 by RazMan]

kev R1 - 14/1/08 at 11:52 PM

confused.com gets the cheapest i've found! saves messing around filling loads of forms out too

russbost - 14/1/08 at 11:57 PM

I've used Budget & Swiftcover, both good, but this year Liverpool & Victoria saved me about £60 & for better cover (£109 for an '05 plate 1.0 Yaris t2 with me & the missus on cover). Does seem to vary who's best depending on what vehicle/driver/postcode/cover etc. HTH

Mr Whippy - 15/1/08 at 07:40 AM

I will be able to give you cover for just £50

though your excess will be about £10,000,000

oh its funny if you've had as much to drink as me...

RazMan - 15/1/08 at 08:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
I will be able to give you cover for just £50

though your excess will be about £10,000,000

oh its funny if you've had as much to drink as me...

At this time in the morning???!!!

Mr Whippy - 15/1/08 at 08:29 AM

We haven't been to bed yet birthday party (not mines ) still some booze left hara!!

still going to try to change my bikes clutch later, that should be good wonder if will ever work angain?

[Edited on 15/1/08 by Mr Whippy]

RazMan - 15/1/08 at 09:49 AM

I went with confused.com and was presented with about 20 quotes some of which were quite reasonable. In the end I chose the Kwik Fit quote, mainly because they offer a free MOT and 'Winter Oil Service' which I need to get sorted anyway. £180 all in so I'm fairly pleased with that.

On the downside I am now getting a deluge of phone calls from insurance companies insisting that they can better any quote

tegwin - 15/1/08 at 12:44 PM

Yeas...I did the same yesterday and ended up with a load of calls, all from insruance companies that wanted to charge me over 4K....(the cheapest was £1.3K)

One of them even decided to call me just after I got into bed at a not so social hour...Needless to say I told him where to stick his f****ng kn** shaped head....