Board logo

Composites Industry
kendo - 17/1/08 at 10:13 AM

Having spent the best part of 11 years in the upper end of the UK's composites industry I was wondering how many other Locosters either are (or have been)working in that field?

[Edited on 17/1/08 by kendo]

nick205 - 17/1/08 at 10:19 AM

not as many as would like to be I suspect

Any plans for a composite build?

GazzaP - 17/1/08 at 10:24 AM

I used to work for prodrive on the sports car's composite team, then went to work for a company supplying what used to Jordan F1 there parts. Then decided to leave the industy.

Gary

Hammerhead - 17/1/08 at 10:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by GazzaP
I used to work for prodrive on the sports car's composite team, then went to work for a company supplying what used to Jordan F1 there parts. Then decided to leave the industy.

Gary

Was said jordan composites company in the Notts area? I visited a place that made rear wings etc for jordan, Think it was Atlas composites?
I was researching my monocoque 3 wheeler folding vehicle concept

GazzaP - 17/1/08 at 10:58 AM

I was working for a company called Crosby composites in Brackley they specialized in mainly F1 bits but did alsorts from touring cars to the silverstone race school cars.

jono_misfit - 17/1/08 at 04:05 PM

Ive worked for a race/hilclimb car manufacture before, making moulds, bodywork and wings.

Im off back there in the summer before moving on to other things.

MrTom - 17/1/08 at 04:49 PM

I'm not "in the industry" but I just bought some carbon fiber fabric and resin. That's gotta count for something right?

Triton - 17/1/08 at 08:18 PM

No I hate the damn stuff................