Board logo

Courier for parcel over 1.5 metres???
russbost - 27/3/08 at 10:15 AM

As per the title, need to send a pair of skis - total parcel length is about 150.5cm & the local PO won't take it cos it's over 1.5m - petty or what. So I need a courier without having to get an account - any ideas???

Guinness - 27/3/08 at 10:24 AM

Interparcel will do that for you. It's how I got the engine block to you!

Cheers

Mike

balidey - 27/3/08 at 10:26 AM

Simple answer... put them in a bigger box.

A box 1400mm long by 500mm wide will allow you to fit the skis in corner to corner at 1.5m long. The hypotenuse (sp?) is the bit you are interested in, but the dumb post office just go on the side length.

quote:

Standard Parcels is ideal for items up to 1.5m long and 20kg in weight, provided the combined length and width doesn’t exceed 3m. We can collect parcels from your office as part of your regular business collection.

[Edited on 27/3/08 by balidey]

russbost - 27/3/08 at 10:41 AM

Thanx guys, booked it with interparcel - cheaper than the PO too & I don't have to go up the road to post!

Balidey - I love your thinking & that's spot on right - how stupid are they!! - is that what's called "thinking inside the box"???

Schrodinger - 27/3/08 at 10:51 AM

How much did it cost as I have to post a pair of skis soon too.

Pdlewis - 27/3/08 at 02:21 PM

skis are £8.99 to post using www.interparcel.co.uk

russbost - 27/3/08 at 05:40 PM

Cost me £9.99 + Vat, which considering the PO wanted £15 for a 3 day service for that weight (which they wouldn't take cos of the length anyway!) & Interparcel offer next day for the above price
So far they've been great, placed the order this morning they collected this afternoon - mind you they haven't reached their destination yet!!!