Board logo

Peel - Just come across this
02GF74 - 16/4/08 at 11:04 AM

most of you will be too young to know what any of this means ofcourse but
Peel Sessions

I wonder if the sessions can be obtained from BBC?

ooh, the festive 50 charts tooo ....

viatron - 16/4/08 at 11:37 AM

biggest loss to radio in my lifetime i reckon, have you read "Margrave of the marshes" ?

RK - 16/4/08 at 12:41 PM

There is a way to record them off the computer, but it was complicated when I tried it a couple of years ago.

02GF74 - 16/4/08 at 12:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by viatron
biggest loss to radio in my lifetime i reckon, have you read "Margrave of the marshes" ?

at least until Dave Lee Travis aka the hair corflake dies.

Serioulky though, there is noone nor likely to be anyone like JP so your statement is more or less true for everybody is alive today.

mcerd1 - 16/4/08 at 01:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by 02GF74
I wonder if the sessions can be obtained from BBC?

one of the shows on 6 music does a 'Peel by request' feature

just pick one and ask them to play it (but obviously lots of people put in requests so you could be waiting a while)

nick205 - 16/4/08 at 03:07 PM

Have been dipping in and out of this for a while now, some great stuff on there. I can't say it's all to my taste, but JP somehow made it easy to listen to new stuff and expand your musical horizons.

much missed in our household

turbodisplay - 16/4/08 at 04:20 PM

His rock show once keep me awake on a 2 hour drive late at night when I was tired.
Nothing else would have kept me awake!
Darren

Ferg - 17/4/08 at 04:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by viatron

I have and found it a big disappointment. I've been a fan of Peely all my musical life, (I think he loved the 'Tones as much as I do!)
The book is fascinating up until Sheila took over. At that point I found I was struggling to get the enthusiasm to finish it.