Board logo

What a lovely Rear
amalyos - 19/5/08 at 09:45 PM

Just watched the film War on Sky. couldn't work out what the car was that Jet Lee was driving, but just Googled it and it's a Spyker C8 Spyder.

What a great Rear End. I want one.

Just need to sell the wife and kids.

http://www.cartype.com/page.cfm?id=435&alph=all&dec=all

watsonpj - 19/5/08 at 10:03 PM

Unfortunately Steve it is one of those cases were the arse looks good but the face looks like a bulldog licking p&** off of a thistle

I love the gearstick and the view of the inlets behind the seats.

clairetoo - 19/5/08 at 10:33 PM

Looking at the pictures - especially the dash - how can something that couldnt possibly pass an SVA be sold and used in this country

DIY Si - 19/5/08 at 10:46 PM

Whilst the dash looks not overly SVA friendly, everything does have a large radius on it. Claire which bit(s) do you think would fail?
And no air filter?? That won't last long round my way.

Pants On Fire - 20/5/08 at 07:32 AM

We have a Spyker dealership in our village, me and my son are often asked to move on by the local constable and the dealer principal for dribbling in public places.

RazMan - 20/5/08 at 08:58 AM

I quite like the Spyker in a sort of retro modern type of way - it is certainly individual and has a lot of unique features.

iank - 20/5/08 at 09:04 AM

They used to use guards between the toggle switches (same as the BMW MINI). You can just about see them in the interior photo here.
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=36859

Don't know whether ball ended toggles are allowed, but I presume they must be. The non-ball ended ones may be low enough to avoid testing. It certainly looks thought out regarding radii.

eznfrank - 20/5/08 at 10:32 AM

Not really my cup o' tea but the air intake is "da shizzle".

John.Taylor - 20/5/08 at 11:30 AM

The C8 rear always reminds me of a GTM Libra. I love the quilted interior though, my lottery run-a-round would be a Tungsten grey Flying Spur with red quilted leather interior.

BenB - 20/5/08 at 11:31 AM

Yuk. Looks like a blinged up Max Power Masserati.....

Shame on them

They used to build such nice cars in 1902.....

bartonp - 20/5/08 at 11:40 AM

<------------- I prefer those rears!

TimC - 21/5/08 at 12:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by bartonp
<------------- I prefer those rears!

What if we combine the two?

The girl is an ex from my school days and is errr, very easy on the eye.

Ferg - 28/5/08 at 04:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by John.Taylor
The C8 rear always reminds me of a GTM Libra.

More like the roundyness of the Spyder I reckon..