Board logo

LEW1S
beppesignori - 16/6/08 at 11:22 PM

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/celebritynews/2137985/Hamilton-pays-and163200,000-for-LEW-1S-number-plate.html

Just shows..Money can't buy Class

[Edited on 16/6/08 by beppesignori]

[Edited on 16/6/08 by beppesignori]

skodaman - 16/6/08 at 11:32 PM

Would've thought someone like him would rather travel around incognito. Never really saw the point in personalised no. plates anyway, though the Countach with something like T00 5LOW was quite funny.

motivation cars - 17/6/08 at 12:29 AM

tosser

RK - 17/6/08 at 12:59 AM

Ditto. When being in F1, making loads, and being famous, just isn't enough. I guess he wants that nice girl he had the hots for in Grad 5 to like him...

Humbug - 17/6/08 at 05:41 AM

"He will now put the plate on his Mercedes 4X4 in Switzerland where he lives as a tax exile."

How does that work then? Aren't the Swiss going to get a bit arsy if he lives there but has a foreign reg on his car?

speedyxjs - 17/6/08 at 07:00 AM

I dont see the problem with personalised plates but i do think he has been conned a bit there

designer - 17/6/08 at 07:17 AM

The problem with personal number plates is that they are 'SAD'.

Haven't these people got enough ego to not need to advertise their existence!

Slater - 17/6/08 at 07:25 AM

Personal plates are the equivilent of having "Trevor" and "Sharon" across the top of your windscreen in that green tape stuff, back in the '80's.

Andy S - 17/6/08 at 08:16 AM

Hopefully someone will see how easy it is to change the LEW to PEN when he's parked up.

What a muppet - as said can't by class

Dick Axtell - 17/6/08 at 08:23 AM

Most apt reg no. I saw was - BOL 1K.
That would do.

Surrey Dave - 17/6/08 at 08:28 AM

Did he say he was living abroad because of too much media attention and lack of privacy?

I would not drive a car with my name on it if I wanted to avoid these things. :-)

loggyboy - 17/6/08 at 10:27 AM

Personal plates rock, and arent just for the 'look at me' superstars. I have one, my gf has one, both my mum and dad have one each. Its just an accesory, no different to fact that you choose the colour of car or the style of wheels etc.

ravingfool - 17/6/08 at 10:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
Personal plates rock, and arent just for the 'look at me' superstars. I have one, my gf has one, both my mum and dad have one each. Its just an accesory, no different to fact that you choose the colour of car or the style of wheels etc.

loggyboy - 17/6/08 at 01:22 PM

See, some people have no taste even in colour choice, the car still looks gash. If that was in a standard colour but had a personal plate it would look alot better!

PS, noting the source of that pic, please tell me your not a barrybasher?

[Edited on 17/6/08 by loggyboy]

02GF74 - 17/6/08 at 01:47 PM

aw, leave the poor cahppie alone, if he wants to waste money then so be it.

£ 200K is just pocket money for him.

Benzine - 17/6/08 at 04:05 PM

Personal plates are the biggest waste of money in the entire world. The only people who are impressed by them are other men and yourself

loggyboy - 17/6/08 at 05:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Benzine
Personal plates are the biggest waste of money in the entire world. The only people who are impressed by them are other men and yourself

Not if you buy sensibly. Most hold the value if not gain it... the guy who bought LEW1S a year ago is a prime example. 400% price hike cannot be sneezed at.

Benzine - 17/6/08 at 06:03 PM

So you bought yours just to sell on at a later date and not put on your car?

Danozeman - 17/6/08 at 07:13 PM

quote:

The friend said: "He loved that plate but business is business."

Not surprised 150 grand increase in a coupld of years aint bad!!

I always think if you have a personalised plate and you wee someone off, your easily traced.

My chav apprentice has one. his parents bought it for his 17th birthday.