Board logo

Race Driver - Grid
Jasper - 20/6/08 at 02:35 PM

Anybody played this yet? Just 'acquired' a copy and am still fiddling about trying to get my wheel to work, but the graphics look awsome ....

ravingfool - 20/6/08 at 03:02 PM

A few of my friends have this and say it's AWESOME, and have been badgering me to get it, unfortunately my 'acquired' copy refuses to work at all. And apparently this is quite a common problem! If you are fortunate enough to have a system that doesn't conflict with it then you may want to get on the internet with it, apparently it's great fun.

BenB - 20/6/08 at 03:08 PM

Yup. Loving the in-car photos.... Looks very nice... I see a computer upgrade coming up!!!

speedyxjs - 20/6/08 at 05:01 PM

Iv just spent £140 ugrading my pc to be able to play it. I havnt done much yet but what i have done is brilliant. One of the best games i have played

donut - 20/6/08 at 05:14 PM

Saw the ad on TV and thought hmmmm gotta buy that! Is it available for PS3?

charlierevell - 20/6/08 at 07:08 PM

Got it on PS3 and its cracking.... have to turn up the difficulty on drift tho as once you get the hang of it you get 2million point a race!

Awesome game, some bits can be a little easy tho.
The replay function is amazing!!!! Means you can go back to just before you had a crash and play the driving line again.

takumi - 20/6/08 at 08:12 PM

omg...

tha best racing sim ever...?

The best visuals I've ever seen in a game, a fantastic physics engine, amazing damage system too.

Such fun,

Ive got £62M , almost unlocked the Global Race series after the third tier.

speedyxjs - 20/6/08 at 08:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by takumi
Ive got £62M , almost unlocked the Global Race series after the third tier.

show off

Jasper - 20/6/08 at 08:28 PM

I can't get the game to recognise my Logitech Momo wheels ,its driving me nuts

takumi - 21/6/08 at 07:19 AM

After the first tier, the race money snow balls, biggest prize I've had is around 11M.. So you get big money quite quickly..

After each season you get to compete in the 24hrs LeMans in various classes from GT2 > Lmp1

Make sure you buy a good team mate, that helps bring in alot of money at the later stages with team points.

Gav - 21/6/08 at 02:37 PM

Just bought this for PC on steam £24-ish, just waiting for it too download now

[Edited on 21/6/08 by Gav]

Stuart_B - 21/6/08 at 02:39 PM

is there a place online i can download it for free??

stuart

Gav - 21/6/08 at 02:44 PM

You can yes, but for £24 its great value for money...

Linky for the demo

[Edited on 21/6/08 by Gav]