Board logo

massive thankyou
omega0684 - 4/7/08 at 05:12 PM

A MASSIVE THANKYOU goes out to paul (paulf) for coming over to sort out my edis and MS today. it finally spluttered and cough'ed its way back to life, albeit with a few extra revs at idle.

Thanks again mate

big_wasa - 4/7/08 at 05:18 PM

Nice one

mr henderson - 4/7/08 at 05:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by omega0684
A MASSIVE THANKYOU goes out to paul (paulf) for coming over to sort out my edis and MS today. it finally spluttered and cough'ed its way back to life, albeit with a few extra revs at idle.

Thanks again mate

Were you able to determine what had been wrong?

John

omega0684 - 4/7/08 at 08:35 PM

i am still convinced that it was the trigger-wheel set up, but there were a few things on the megasquirt that i had wrong. i replaced my old wheel with the new one from triggerwheels.com (highly recommend) and we connected the edis up and got sparks straight away.

had a small problem with the rocker cover gasket and oil decided to start leaking out everywhere, but was soon sorted with a new gasket.

paul sorted my pulsating fuel pump in less than 30 seconds! i had two contradicting signals that was causing the config error.

the engine is running a bit rich at about 12:1, but i have to get a good fuel table for it though, still early days

[Edited on 4/7/08 by omega0684]

paulf - 4/7/08 at 08:59 PM

Hi Alex
Glad to have been able to help.
Im sure that a bit of searching will find a pinto map or you could just get everything put together now and then datalog it on the road using the map we have in it .You need to do a bit of reading up on tuning and also download Megalog viewer to do the datalogging with.Also have a look in megatune and set up the AFR table for the wideband to work with it is in more settings under the heading AFR targets table 1.
You will need to decide if you are going to carry on using speed density or if the MAP signal is not good switch to Alpha N. I have had good results with speed density on my existing set up with the zetec but it really depends on cam and throttle body setup.
Paul.

quote:
i am still convinced that it was the trigger-wheel set up, but there were a few things on the megasquirt that i had wrong. i replaced my old wheel with the new one from triggerwheels.com (highly recommend) and we connected the edis up and got sparks straight away.

had a small problem with the rocker cover gasket and oil decided to start leaking out everywhere, but was soon sorted with a new gasket.

paul sorted my pulsating fuel pump in less than 30 seconds! i had two contradicting signals that was causing the config error.

the engine is running a bit rich at about 12:1, but i have to get a good fuel table for it though, still early days

[Edited on 4/7/08 by omega0684]

omega0684 - 4/7/08 at 09:12 PM

will it just be a trial and error process to know wether or not i should set up with speed density or alpha N?

paulf - 4/7/08 at 09:23 PM

Yes you will need to get a good idle first and see what idle MAP you have.If you can get it at about 40kpa or less and it doesnt drop to zero as soon as you open the throttle then try using speed density it is the easiest to understand when tuning as its more intuitive.Alpha N has no indication of engine load just revs and throttle position so can be difficult to get right.
Paul.

quote:
will it just be a trial and error process to know wether or not i should set up with speed density or alpha N?

omega0684 - 4/7/08 at 09:47 PM

i better get reading then!