Board logo

moneysupermarket.com
JoelP - 19/7/08 at 07:19 PM

awesome site, i was about to renew my tintop insurance for £330, thought id check for alternatives, and within half an hour id saved £120! Also managed to get protected no claims (i couldnt bear to lose it after 6 very lucky years!)

Just need to remember to go back when all my other policies come up for renewal!

nick205 - 19/7/08 at 07:40 PM

Also try...

www.gocompare.com

www.moneysavingexpert.com

JoelP - 19/7/08 at 08:01 PM

what we need is a comparison site that can stick your details into all the other comparison sites!

Mansfield - 19/7/08 at 08:36 PM

So easy to save money using these sites it is untrue.

Last year SWMBO and I both halved our renewal quotes by using confused and both ended up with elephant. Renewal has just come through for SWMBO at pretty much last years price, a bargain and I am expecting the same for mine.

EDIT - AND I have not received any more spam OR junkmail than I was getting previously.

[Edited on 19/7/08 by Mansfield]

johnston - 19/7/08 at 09:01 PM

I tried a couple of them got cheaper, but when added on all the stuff local broker gives as standard , breakdown recovery legal fees etc etc think I would have saved £2

clairetoo - 19/7/08 at 10:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by johnston
I tried a couple of them got cheaper, but when added on all the stuff local broker gives as standard , breakdown recovery legal fees etc etc think I would have saved £2

Same here - it said £97 ! But that was for a one-off credit card payment , on installmeants it went up to £157 , then add on legal protection and breakdown and the best quote came to £265
£70 more than I'm paying now.............

Ben_Copeland - 20/7/08 at 08:09 AM

Dont like confused because they add on their little bit to the price.

Managed to catch them out by using moneysupermarket and confused together. Exact same details and confused was £10/£15 more!!!

speedyxjs - 20/7/08 at 08:15 AM

I normally use confused and then phone up the chepaest one and haggle
I normally manage a drop of about £200