when good pitstops go bad link

[Edited on 28-9-08 by mangogrooveworkshop]

tegwin - 28/9/08 at 07:21 PM

FAIL!!!!

omega0684 - 28/9/08 at 07:37 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

GLORIOUS!

Howlor - 28/9/08 at 07:40 PM

Have you seen the news that the FIA have declared the result will not stand and the race is to be re-run?

Apparantly as Ferrari did not do so well they are going to sort it for them.

blakep82 - 28/9/08 at 07:40 PM

its amazing watching that video, where mansells pit crew are doing a GP pit stop, wearing shorts and trainers, and no helmets etc.

mookaloid - 28/9/08 at 07:44 PM

Oh yes - very satisfying

Paul TigerB6 - 28/9/08 at 07:44 PM

That fuel hose looks suspiciously like its McLaren silver in colour!!!! That must be the definitive proof needed by the FIA that the incident was indeed McLaren's fault!!!!!!!

mangogrooveworkshop - 28/9/08 at 07:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by blakep82
its amazing watching that video, where mansells pit crew are doing a GP pit stop, wearing shorts and trainers, and no helmets etc.
Yep see what you mean.....link

popeye99 - 28/9/08 at 07:47 PM

How pathetic. Morons taking pleasure in incident where someone ended in hospital?
Brainless fanboys.

Paul TigerB6 - 28/9/08 at 08:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by popeye99
How pathetic. Morons taking pleasure in incident where someone ended in hospital?
Brainless fanboys.

Quote "The Ferrari wrenched the fuel hose from the rig, with one mechanic requiring a precautionary trip to the medical centre, and Massa then had to wait at the pit exit while his crew ran down to detach the hose"

The bloke is fine, so try checking your facts before being your pathetic attempt at name calling.

Rek - 28/9/08 at 08:11 PM

Not enough of the right sort of characters in F1 nowaday's can you see this happening in 2008.... even without health and safety!!

Linky

lsdweb - 28/9/08 at 08:20 PM

quote:

How pathetic. Morons taking pleasure in incident where someone ended in hospital? Brainless fanboys.

Injuries were minimal and, whilst it's not pleasant, the crews know the risks.

Perhaps Ferrari should care more about their staff that keep getting knocked over because of an unreliable system that is only there to try and gain a tiny pitlane advantage?????

lsdweb - 28/9/08 at 08:23 PM

quote:

Not enough of the right sort of characters in F1 nowaday's can you see this happening in 2008.... even without health and safety!!

It was a shame that the pit crew nearest the car at the end of the pit lane (not sure which team) didn't go and remove the hose. They'd probably have been hit with a 25 second penalty if they had..........

Paul TigerB6 - 28/9/08 at 08:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lsdweb
quote:

It was a shame that the pit crew nearest the car at the end of the pit lane (not sure which team) didn't go and remove the hose. They'd probably have been hit with a 25 second penalty if they had..........

And who might the nearest team be............. lets think.........it'll be the one who didnt get classified last year...... ooo thats right..... McLaren. I distinctly saw their mechanics urging the men in red on during their run down the pits anyway - such good sportsmanship egging the Ferrari sprinters on like that!!

blakep82 - 28/9/08 at 08:52 PM

if any other team had removed it, they'd probably get some blame for damage or something...

especially if it was mclaren

[Edited on 28/9/08 by blakep82]

popeye99 - 28/9/08 at 09:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Paul TigerB6
quote:
Brainless fanboys.

Quote "The Ferrari wrenched the fuel hose from the rig, with one mechanic requiring a precautionary trip to the medical centre, and Massa then had to wait at the pit exit while his crew ran down to detach the hose"

The bloke is fine, so try checking your facts before being your pathetic attempt at name calling.

... before being your pathetic attempt ...

Ok, my bad. You appear to be illiterate too. Praying in a church of Ron takes too much time?

Given above, I'll type slowly just for you.

Laughing at anyone's misfortune is moronic.
Guy is sent for further test. Regardless of his results my point stand my pedigree chum.

If you still have problems understanding this, I can type slower. Or in bigger font.

See how good I am, me.

[Edited on 28/9/08 by popeye99]

Paul TigerB6 - 28/9/08 at 09:54 PM

quote:
Ok, my bad. You appear to be illiterate too. Praying in a church of Ron takes too much time?

Guy is sent for further test. Regardless of his results my point stand my pedigree chum.

If you still have problems understanding this, I can type slower. Or in bigger font.

See how good I am, me.

Hey smart arse - learn to type in English before trying to be clever!!!!

"oh, my bad"??????
What the hell is a "Fanboy" supposed to be anyway??

I can see you are going to be really popular on here newbie!!!!

[Edited on 28/9/08 by Paul TigerB6]

martyn_16v - 28/9/08 at 09:57 PM

quote:
wah wah wah

Can I recommend a book?

blakep82 - 28/9/08 at 10:09 PM

wheres a laughing smiley when you need one?

popeye99 - 28/9/08 at 10:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Paul TigerB6
quote:

See how good I am, me.

Hey smart arse - learn to type in English before trying to be clever!!!!

"oh, my bad"??????
What the hell is a "Fanboy" supposed to be anyway??

I can see you are going to be really popular on here newbie!!!!

[Edited on 28/9/08 by Paul TigerB6]

It reads

Ok, not 'oh',
my
bad.

Meaning.

I was wrong. And I explained why. Do you have difficulty with reading too?

popeye99 - 28/9/08 at 10:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by martyn_16v
quote:
wah wah wah

Can I recommend a book?

Thank you. . That is ace. Will you be my friend after I read it ? Pretty please ?

Paul TigerB6 - 28/9/08 at 10:33 PM

quote:
Do you have difficulty with reading too?

Yup, clearly i do, because every single article i have tried to read (but clearly failed) said the Ferrari mechanic was taken to the Grand Prix medical centre for checks. Can't see anything about him being taken to hospital at all - but then again i cant read can I!!!

Maybe you would be kind enough to link to the source where you managed to read about the mechanic ending up in hospital - you know, the one who jumped up to help refuel Kimi's car as he was soooooooooo badly injured.

Please put in in big letters for me, and please please please don't use joined up writing.

chrisg - 28/9/08 at 11:00 PM

<<<<pulls up stool, grabs popcorn and opens another beer.

Popeye (how's Olive BTW?)

We don't tend to do that here, the whole keyboard warrior thing, I mean.

Sure there are disagreements but this isn't the way to get on here.

If I were you I'd calm down a little - Just a bit of advice from one who's been here forever.

Cheers

Chris

mark chandler - 28/9/08 at 11:02 PM

For a newbie every one of his posts points criticism at someone, let’s hope he goes away as he has nothing useful to add

BenB - 29/9/08 at 09:09 AM

To add to the playground mentality....

Fight fight fight fight fight fight fight fight fight....

I feel sorry for a few people in this scenario-

Massa- no fault of his, stupid traffic light system to blame
Massa's pit crew- not their fault and they got tw#tted to boot.

Who I don't feel sorry for-

Ferrari- designed an unreliable system and who controls the traffic lights (bet its someone high up it Ferrari)

On a slightly different note, however, Massa gets released too early flailing a petrol hose around as he sprays fuel all over the pit lane whilst simultaneously almost crashes into another driver, potentially causing a high momentum crash that could have injured / killed quite a lot of the people standing in the pit lane. Penalty = drive through penalty.

Meanwhile cars who are running out of fuel so have to pit = drive through penalty + 10 second S+G.
And lets not even start on Hamilton getting a penalty for over-taking.

Does it sound like the more dangerous the infringement the smaller the penalty??

Truly bizarre....

BenB - 29/9/08 at 09:20 AM

Should have gone to specsavers

What race was he watching??? linky

Stefano Domenicali :

"As I said after the race, we respect the FIA decision, but it was not an unsafe release of the car because there was plenty of space,"

Oh yes, course there was!!!! Charging out into the path of another car, requiring them to slam on the anchors to avoid driving into the side of a bonzai pit lane move. Perfectly fine!!!!
I think he's being driving in Italian cities for too long!!! Unless you're up someone's trumpet your not trying!!!

martyn_16v - 29/9/08 at 10:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by BenB
Stefano Domenicali :

"As I said after the race, we respect the FIA decision, but it was not an unsafe release of the car because there was plenty of space for our car. The other cars all have to give way to ours, everyone knows that. In fact, how dare they even use the pit lane at all while we are using it. We should have our own pit lane, the rest of the teams should have to leave the complex and find the nearest Shell, and hope they do Optimax"

blakep82 - 29/9/08 at 10:51 AM

quote:

What race was he watching??? linky

Stefano Domenicali :

"As I said after the race, we respect the FIA decision, but it was not an unsafe release of the car because there was plenty of space,"

Oh yes, course there was!!!! Charging out into the path of another car, requiring them to slam on the anchors to avoid driving into the side of a bonzai pit lane move. Perfectly fine!!!!
I think he's being driving in Italian cities for too long!!! Unless you're up someone's trumpet your not trying!!!

er, he was watching the valencia race. that article is about valencia, not singapore

popeye99 - 29/9/08 at 11:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by chrisg
<<<<pulls up stool, grabs popcorn and opens another beer.

Popeye (how's Olive BTW?)

We don't tend to do that here, the whole keyboard warrior thing, I mean.

Sure there are disagreements but this isn't the way to get on here.

If I were you I'd calm down a little - Just a bit of advice from one who's been here forever.

Cheers

Chris

Chris,

Olive is great, bit skinny but puts up with my love for green stuff. Hope your other half is too.

I'm sure, my unyielding support for everything Woking would be more appreciated and less controversial.

Making fun and laughing at someone's misfortune should hardly be what F1 is about.

Are we in agreement that that is moronic ? Yes ?

I support Vettel, but was gutted when LH beached car last year. Should be, IMHO, about best driver, not the least unlucky one.

I thank you for your advice, but I've grown comfortable being misanthrope.

popeye99 - 29/9/08 at 11:12 AM

quote:

well thought out post

mostly in agreement

popeye99 - 29/9/08 at 11:15 AM

quote:
Originally posted by mark chandler
For a newbie every one of his posts points criticism at someone, let’s hope he goes away as he has nothing useful to add

Is being critical newbie bad? Is being newbie bad ?
Is being critical bad ?

I'm very grateful for your enlightened assessment that I have nothing useful to add
Smile, and yesterday is going to be better day.

popeye99 - 29/9/08 at 11:25 AM

quote:
In low flight over Paul TigerB6

whooosh ...

Ok

woodster - 29/9/08 at 12:04 PM

uummmmm i think mr popeye that you are being ignored ......... whats it like in coventry

BenB - 29/9/08 at 03:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by blakep82
quote:

A load of drivel

er, he was watching the valencia race. that article is about valencia, not singapore

Good point well put

I really should learn to read!!!

martyn_16v - 29/9/08 at 04:12 PM

quote:
assessment

Totally unnecessary. Differences of opinion are fine, being abusive isn't. This is what you seem unable to grasp...

Would you really walk into a room full of people you don't know and start saying the same things you are typing here? No you wouldn't. At best you'd get some dirty looks and ignored, at worst you'd get told to f*ck off before someone smacks you.

As someone mentioned earlier, keyboard warrior.

RK - 29/9/08 at 04:34 PM

It was clearly not a catastrophe. Nobody was seriously injured or worse, and Massa did a good job of moving on and finishing, knowing he would not do well. And I can't stand him or that Finn on his team!!! Although I've never met either one of them.