Board logo

mini kit
woodster - 9/10/08 at 12:13 PM

this was on www.theminiforum.co.uk .... the zcars one looks a beast

http://www.sprintworks.co.uk/index.html

Humbug - 9/10/08 at 12:42 PM

Very confusing site! Is it related to ZCars or not? If not, how does he get away with putting their pics and name on his site?

No prices, delivery, details.

I would fancy doing a plastic mini like that (a la FRA Mini, if anyone has seen them?)

carpmart - 9/10/08 at 12:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Humbug
Very confusing site! Is it related to ZCars or not? If not, how does he get away with putting their pics and name on his site?

I would fancy doing a plastic mini like that (a la FRA Mini, if anyone has seen them?)

I'm with what he says 100%

iank - 9/10/08 at 12:47 PM

FRA got bought out (though there were claims their moulds needed a lot of work).

This one looks like the Stuart and Arden (originally made by Hawk) moulds have been found again - they were owned by a company that went bankrupt, can't remember the name right now.

Always wanted one, but the manufacturers all seem to get nailed by BMW lawyers as soon as they pop up.

I think the Z-cars thing is more about a collaboration rather than trying to knick the name.

Stott - 9/10/08 at 12:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Humbug

Looks like he's made the grp mini and all refs to the Z cars one is just showing a Z cars conversion using his body, I'm usually wrong though............

Triton - 9/10/08 at 12:54 PM

The name you are looking for is Rally Sport Replicas who were/are in Naseby Northants and as far as I know they still have the Hawk moulds for the standard shell and the Stewart and Arden one....BUT they were not very good moulds and had a lot of filler in the shell before they went out.

sucksqueezebangblow - 9/10/08 at 01:04 PM

http://www.zcars.org.uk/

uklee70 - 9/10/08 at 01:08 PM

I went to Z cars a few months ago and they have a fibreglass company in another unit making the bodies for z cars I think it's the same company.

The red sprint is the car chris is racing this season.

Zcars also have a brand new rolling road!!!

so if anyone is up our way pop along and go see,

When I was last there they were building a road legal full size version on a bat mobile it looked great.

Lee

[Edited on 9/10/08 by uklee70]

UncleFista - 9/10/08 at 01:24 PM

quote:

When I was last there they were building a road legal full size version on a bat mobile it looked great.

Lee

This one ?

iank - 9/10/08 at 01:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Triton
The name you are looking for is Rally Sport Replicas who were/are in Naseby Northants and as far as I know they still have the Hawk moulds for the standard shell and the Stewart and Arden one....BUT they were not very good moulds and had a lot of filler in the shell before they went out.

The's the company. 99% sure they went bust, something to do with them having Banham moulds which were under a legal cloud.

woodster - 9/10/08 at 02:49 PM

the price list is on theminiforum £2200 for a complete mini shell without windows another £200 for a polished no need to paint shell ....... Chris from Zcars has a zcars section on the forum

COREdevelopments - 9/10/08 at 06:39 PM

nice but i prefer a mini minus. i believe they are now producin more minus shells. would love one as my next project. also love the position of the turbo on the batmobile!!

rob