Board logo

On-line bolt and nut suppliers
mr henderson - 31/10/08 at 10:42 AM

I'm aware of Namrick, and I like the fact that their prices include VAT, just wondering if there are any other firms anyone here would like to recommend, for comparison purposes

John

Hammerhead - 31/10/08 at 10:47 AM

Namrick are good, but I think they are expensive. I'd suggest finding a local fastener supplier. I use one local to me and their prices are about half Namricks and they take cash, which makes the price even cheaper

mr henderson - 31/10/08 at 10:53 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Hammerhead
Namrick are good, but I think they are expensive. I'd suggest finding a local fastener supplier. I use one local to me and their prices are about half Namricks and they take cash, which makes the price even cheaper

If there was a local supplier, rest assured I would use them. Unfortunately Aylesbury is not well equipped with shops of interest to car builders.

John

andyw7de - 31/10/08 at 11:01 AM

I can supply nuts bolts screws etc,

What do you need ?

cheers

Andy

coozer - 31/10/08 at 11:02 AM

Anixter or Armstrongs not near you?

They both are predominatly a trade supplier but the one in Gateshead has a trade counter for any number of nuts and bolts.

SJL - 31/10/08 at 11:03 AM

I used these people the other day.

Stagonset

Seemed pretty reasonable and had everything I needed.

Steve

pewe - 31/10/08 at 11:05 AM

I've always found AHC in Camberley good but can't remember if you can order on-line (probably not).
Also PFS in Finchampstead 0118 932 8832 do a wide range of mainly stainless fastenings. I think they supplied to Xtrac who were on the same estate at one time so aren't phased by small quantities.
Cheers, Pewe

djaques - 31/10/08 at 11:14 AM

Try C. H. Morgan & Co Ltd in Aylesbury, 01296 434878. I have been able to get almost everything I have needed so far from here.

r1_pete - 31/10/08 at 11:43 AM

I've used AHC many times, very fast and relliable, they do have minimum quantities, but its not prohibitive.

stevec - 31/10/08 at 11:44 AM

Wrights supplies in Coventry are OK.
LINKY

mr henderson - 31/10/08 at 11:50 AM

quote:
Originally posted by djaques
Try C. H. Morgan & Co Ltd in Aylesbury, 01296 434878. I have been able to get almost everything I have needed so far from here.

I have found them to be expensive (very) and unhelpful. I've tried them 3 times now for various things, and have had to make a promise to myself not to go there again because I just get irritated at myself for having wasted a journey.

Are you in the Aylesbury area?

John

mr henderson - 31/10/08 at 11:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by andyw7de
I can supply nuts bolts screws etc,

What do you need ?

cheers

Andy

Well, to start with, a catalogue, ideally with prices. This is going to be an ongoing situation, and it may well be that I will need to compare prices as sometimes there are more than one way of achieving a solution and price may play a part in that.

Thanks

John

Wadders - 31/10/08 at 11:57 AM

http://www.orbitalfasteners.co.uk

djaques - 31/10/08 at 11:59 AM

I think it depends on who you get on the counter at C. H. Morgan. I agree that they can sometimes make you feel like an idiot, and the price depends on whether you want a receipt or not, sometimes they insist on putting it through the till. Orbital in Watford are very good, but a bit of a trek.

I work in Aylesbury, and I am building a MK Indy in Kings Langley - very, very slowly!

whitestu - 31/10/08 at 12:44 PM

I'll second Orbial in Watford. All my stuff has come from them and they are good value.

Stu