Board logo

Do you think Lewis.....
DarrenW - 3/11/08 at 03:03 PM

will ever buy a Ferrari?

I noticed his girlie was wearing red And mighty fine she looked too.

mangogrooveworkshop - 3/11/08 at 03:08 PM

Do you think he will ever drive for ferrari?

omega0684 - 3/11/08 at 03:11 PM

i thought he was only allowed to drive merc's (cuz he works and represents merc). mind you he doesn't even pay for them, HE JUST GETS GIVEN THEM!

ferrari? really? do you think they could offer him enough money?

[Edited on 3/11/08 by omega0684]

mr henderson - 3/11/08 at 03:16 PM

Why not, he's Swiss isn't he, Switzerland is neutral, could drive for any team

John

CRAIGR - 3/11/08 at 03:43 PM

Ought to be buying a few Toyotas from his buddy Glock methinks

welderman - 3/11/08 at 03:57 PM

ye ive heard Glock is going to be bestman at Hamiltons wedding

Coose - 3/11/08 at 04:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DarrenW
will ever buy a Ferrari?

Was she a girl? I always thought she was a tranny!

flak monkey - 3/11/08 at 04:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mr henderson

John

You what? Last time I heard, Hamilton was a born and bred Englishman...

mr henderson - 3/11/08 at 04:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by flak monkey
quote:

John

You what? Last time I heard, Hamilton was a born and bred Englishman...

Is he? Sorry, I'm sure I read somewhere he lived in Switzerland. My bad.

John

jnormandale - 3/11/08 at 05:11 PM

Born in mighty stevenage. However he has recently moved to Switzerland to save on 'ze tax'.

If I was earning as much as him I would want to be giving it all to Gordon Brown to prop up banks would you!

[Edited on 09/12/2007 by jnormandale]

mr henderson - 3/11/08 at 05:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jnormandale
Born in mighty stevenage. However he has recently moved to Switzerland to save on 'ze tax'.

If I was earning as much as him I would want to be giving it all to Gordon Brown to prop up banks would you!

I think that it goes to show that no matter how much money people have, they still want more. At least 98% of the population would be happy to live on what Hamilton would have left in his pay packet after UK tax.

I also think that living in another country when one doesn't have to does somewhat detract from one's Englishness. I believe that an English person who's job is abroad continues to be English, but an English person who decides he wants to live somewhere else can't claim to be completely English in the sense in which I understand it.

John

Russ-Turner - 3/11/08 at 05:53 PM

quote:
quote:

I think that it goes to show that no matter how much money people have, they still want more. At least 98% of the population would be happy to live on what Hamilton would have left in his pay packet after UK tax.

Gimme a break!

mr henderson - 3/11/08 at 05:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Russ-Turner
quote:
quote:

Gimme a break!

What does that mean? (I'm not too good on Amercanisms, I mean I understand the phrase but I don't see how it applies in this context)

RK - 3/11/08 at 05:59 PM

The guy will never have to work another day in his life if he doesn't want to, no matter where he calls home. And I seriously doubt he calls Switzerland home, and isn't ever likely to, nor is he likely to spend that much time there. But nobody has to know do they because there are no borders anymore.

MikeR - 3/11/08 at 06:23 PM

He also gets a lot less press hassle in switzerland - another reason to move.

So ...... as i was born and lived up north for 25 years, yet moved to the midlands, does that mean i'm not a notherner??

You'd better tell my accent as even wearing a full gorrilla suit everyone still knew who i was at the weekend due to my "Northern" accent.

Ben_Copeland - 3/11/08 at 06:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DarrenW
will ever buy a Ferrari?

Mighty Fine???? Have you heard her talk.... Sounds like a Stupid Britney

And he's 100% British

[Edited on 3/11/08 by Ben_Copeland]

mr henderson - 3/11/08 at 06:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MikeR
He also gets a lot less press hassle in switzerland - another reason to move.

Wasn't trying to suggest he didn't have reasons, of course he has reasons. I was simply saying that in my opinion he's not as English as a person who lives in England.

Stirling Moss was somewhat disapproving of Hamilton choosing not to live here too.

John

A1 - 3/11/08 at 06:37 PM

i would regret even spitting in gordon browns pockets, never mind filling them with money for no real return...

why not make more money if you can?!

the stewards wouldnt know what to do if he went ferrari...give their favorite team a penalty, or let hamilton win...tricky...

Paul TigerB6 - 3/11/08 at 06:56 PM

quote:

I also think that living in another country when one doesn't have to does somewhat detract from one's Englishness. I believe that an English person who's job is abroad continues to be English, but an English person who decides he wants to live somewhere else can't claim to be completely English in the sense in which I understand it.

John

Oh dear - well that means we have no truly English drivers to support next year then i guess. Does that mean Monaco therefore gains Jensen Button (along with half of the grid) as a local then and the Swiss gain Hamilton and Kovaleinen??

mr henderson - 3/11/08 at 07:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Paul TigerB6

Oh dear - well that means we have no truly English drivers to support next year then i guess.

'Fraid so. Never mind, probably better to support the makers anyway, as the drivers really don't make that much difference

StevieB - 3/11/08 at 07:47 PM

I ead somewhere that McLaren are going to be building 3 new models - a 911 rival, an F430 rival and another hypercar.

I'd reckon on Hamilton being in one of those over a Ferrari!

Richard Quinn - 3/11/08 at 09:10 PM

It'll be interesting to see what he gets given. He was promised the McLaren LM from the factory but that was if he won the Driver's Championship and McLaren won the Constructor's Championship. My money would be on a SLR 722 the same as Alonso had last year.

Echidna - 3/11/08 at 09:15 PM

Let's change the question a bit.
Is Glock ever going to buy a Ferrari?
I have more possibilities to buy a Ferrari that he has...