Board logo

NUTS and BOLTS
Scoobythedog - 10/2/09 at 11:11 PM

Can anyone suggest a good online source for nuts and bolts, preferable without large quantities.

Ebay seems to be very expensive.

Scooby

Dangle_kt - 10/2/09 at 11:16 PM

find a local little place for fastners. not only are they helpful, they sell ones and twos, are cheap and charge no p&p.

I managed to get a very unusual imperial size, as a stainless nyloc - just off the shelf!

If they are close you can even make it on your lunch break if you work full time and thats why you are looking online.

Where abouts are you in the country? A post on here will have everyone answering on your nearest stockist.

blakep82 - 10/2/09 at 11:19 PM

my local ones only have metric
but what he said, find a local place, they're the cheapest. ebay for ones you can get locally

bassett - 10/2/09 at 11:20 PM

Capital supplies in croydon is pretty good if not pricey but they have everything you would want. search fixings and fastenings in yell.com I know you said not large quanities but screwfix sell them so cheap ive had to buy a few hundred m6's and nylocs as there a common useful size

Canada EH! - 10/2/09 at 11:21 PM

Not local but Aircraft Spruce and specialty in US, small lots, grade 8 milspec hardware.

greggors84 - 10/2/09 at 11:36 PM

I would also recommend finding a local supplier. I was always popping in mine for little bits I kept on forgetting. If i had bought it all online it would have cost me a fortune in postage.

As for bulk stuff, see if there is a screwfix trade counter near you. They are open 7 days a week and 8 on weekdays. Also very handy for other bits and pieces you forgot to order.

austin man - 10/2/09 at 11:36 PM

I have used IFS in the past industrial fastener supplies I believe they are a national organisation

NigeEss - 10/2/09 at 11:39 PM

Namrick

Scoobythedog - 10/2/09 at 11:39 PM

Cheers, I'm in wetherby, (between york and leeds)

Can't seem to find anywere round here, not looking for anything unusual size wise.

Cheers
Scooby

fazerruss - 11/2/09 at 12:10 AM

There are a couple of places i use which are in leeds if that helps:-

George spence in Wortley (mainly metric)
Pudsey bolt n nut ( they sell just about owt with a thread on it or in it!)

Scoobythedog - 11/2/09 at 12:33 AM

Cheers
On the map that looks like its nr the small sainsburys in pudsey ?

Scooby

Avoneer - 11/2/09 at 07:29 AM

B&D Bolts in Batley.

Awesome shop.

Pat...

fazerruss - 11/2/09 at 07:56 AM

might be, cant remember off top of me head. Take plenty of cash though cos if you are like me you will come out with some other stuff as well that you never thought you needed!

cjtheman - 11/2/09 at 10:04 AM

i find screwfix direct cheaper than my local fastners hth
cheers
colin

RichB - 11/2/09 at 01:21 PM

I'll second Namrick but postage can mount up. Then again I would probably spend a couple of tokens driving to a supplier anyway.

Rich

pocket rocket - 11/2/09 at 05:22 PM

try BAB bolts, the best price i could find and very helpfull.
dont be fooled by the name they also do nuts and washers

Bigheppy - 11/2/09 at 05:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Scoobythedog
Cheers, I'm in wetherby, (between york and leeds)

Can't seem to find anywere round here, not looking for anything unusual size wise.

Cheers
Scooby

There used to be a farming supplies shop next to the A64 slip road in tadcaster had allsorts. Not been there for a couple of years tho.

Bigheppy - 11/2/09 at 05:53 PM

[Edited on 11/2/09 by Bigheppy]

BenB - 11/2/09 at 06:06 PM

I tend to go for Ebay for small amounts but Namrick for big(ish) orders. I must say that Namrick are very good at getting orders out quickly. Arriving after 2 days is usual (1 day on occasion!!)..