Board logo

hey guys
mad_dogpompey - 18/5/09 at 05:05 PM

project underway. but need a little advice. i ve got a donor car with drum brakes on the back. need to put discs on the car i m building because of the carriers. is the differential and the shafts the same as the one used on disc brake cars? they are the push in type? ps don t need the drums and all the stuff that goes with them so they re free to a good home if you need them!

eznfrank - 18/5/09 at 05:06 PM

What's the donor?

omega0684 - 18/5/09 at 05:15 PM

might be a good idea to tell us what your building, what enginem box and diff your using etc. the more detail you give the more you will get help

mad_dogpompey - 18/5/09 at 05:22 PM

the donor is a rust red colour sirra 1.8 h reg cvh engine. building a haynes roadster!!!!! gonna be a 2 litre zetec with a mt75 box

technics - 18/5/09 at 07:54 PM

hey maddog are you in pompey its just im planning a build in the near future i just want to have a look and get a rough idea on how it all fits and maybe il get a clearer view of it all before i commit, that way the better half cant moan at me for longer period. thanks Steve

mad_dogpompey - 18/5/09 at 09:19 PM

yeh but i m very early stages! i m collecting my chassis in the next 10 days and starting to strip the donor soon after should have something respectable to look at. only problem is that i m not actually in portsmouth. hard to believe i ve moved to southampton though yeh i m a pompey boy in a scumy land lol!
and if your gonna come this far to have a look i know theres some guys who meet up in cadnam just of junction 1 or 2 of the m27 if you mention a thread in the forum someone will tell you when it is but think its every other tuesday. i recon a nice summers drive a look over a few cars and a nice drink might be enough to talk her into letter you build it!!!!

Chippy - 18/5/09 at 10:30 PM

Cadnum meet is second tuesday of the month, NOT every second tuesday. It is at junction 1 on the M27, at the Sir John Barleycorn pub. HTH Ray