Board logo

1.8 zetec (blacktop dimensions)
M$RK_VXRD - 14/10/09 at 09:12 AM

i have bought a 1.8 zetec blacktop for the W7DE im picking it up on saturday just wondering if i coulds squease it in the boot of my car rather than having to try and borrow a van!

so could any one give me some dimensions of the engine with out manifolds fitted

also does anyone know what the standard power of a blacktop is?

thanx in advance guys!

r1_pete - 14/10/09 at 09:21 AM

Depends on the Car, the zetec isn't that big with no manifolds on, would easily go in the boot of an average family saloon, I have one on a stand I can measure later.

Power wise 115 PS if I remember correctly.

If you're struggling to pick it up I can probs help, S26 area.

M$RK_VXRD - 14/10/09 at 09:33 AM

thanx the engine is in cleavland so a two hour drive from us unfortunatly!

it will fit a breaze in my boot its just getting it in im worried about as its a coupe so the hatch can be restrictive at times!

Blackcab - 14/10/09 at 10:12 AM

You will have no probs getting it in, just lay it down if needs be - they are heavy so just make sure you have muscle to lift it in .... and back out

coozer - 14/10/09 at 10:13 AM

Me and the lad were able to lift a fully loaded 2L zetec out of my Rover no problem....

MikeR - 14/10/09 at 11:07 AM

I moved a silvertop which is pretty damn similar in the back of my focus without a problem. Biggest issue was getting it in and out. Engine crane made that mostly a non issue.

I got an old tyre and rested it on that to make sure it had a comfortable journey

(also make sure you've got some tie down straps and plenty of plastic to wrap it in case it leaks)

Peteff - 14/10/09 at 01:25 PM

I sold a silver top 1.8 and it went in a small French hatchback with the hoist. It had the manifolds and throttle equipment on and the lid shut when it was tilted forwards and wedged.

big_wasa - 14/10/09 at 03:25 PM

ive had one in the back of a 1.0 fiesta

lotusmadandy - 14/10/09 at 07:03 PM

Me and my 14 year old son lifted my
silvertop out of my car no bother.

Andy

M$RK_VXRD - 14/10/09 at 10:07 PM

thanx lads looking at the dimentions if lift it in on its side it should go in!

any recomendations on mods to carry out when i rebuild it? (good value for money ones obviously lol )