Board logo

Zetec auto box
Killer - 26/7/10 at 06:28 PM

Does anyone know how to get the clutch cover off so I can to take off the flywheel, engines an X reg mondeo blacktop.

There doesn't appear to be any bolts anywhere near the cover or around the edge???

Will get a photo tomorrow if that will help.

Ta

Killer

MakeEverything - 26/7/10 at 06:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Killer
Does anyone know how to get the clutch cover off so I can to take off the flywheel, engines an X reg mondeo blacktop.

There doesn't appear to be any bolts anywhere near the cover or around the edge???

Will get a photo tomorrow if that will help.

Ta

Killer

Clutch cover on an auto flywheel? hope not.

Youll need to unbolt the torque converter. Not sure how the zetec is, but i seem to remember some bolts in the centre?

Killer - 26/7/10 at 06:43 PM

Ahh is that whats its called cant see any bolts down the center but will have a better look tomorrow.

Keep the suggestions coming..

Ta

JAMSTER - 26/7/10 at 06:43 PM

i would think 4 bolts through starter motor hole in to converter

Killer - 26/7/10 at 07:08 PM

Just wondering if its just on splines and just needs a bit of encouragment to come off....

Is this a possibility?

Anyone got a haynes for a 2000 mondeo, the electronic version I have has got chapter 8 missing??? Guess which chapter I need

Ta

Killer - 26/7/10 at 07:27 PM

Looks like this bad boy

Ta

[Edited on 26/7/10 by Killer]

stevec - 26/7/10 at 08:01 PM

It will have a hole behind probably the starter hole as already said for access to the bolts that hold it on, find the hole and turn the engine untill the bolts show up through the hole then undo them rotating as you go.

Steve

Killer - 26/7/10 at 08:50 PM

Ok, I'll have a shifty around there tomorrow, I remember feeling around there and there was a hole but the sandwich plate didn't have a hole in it so didn't go all the way through.

Maybe looking at the wrong bit so will double check, thinking about only the threads are showing at the back of the flywheel so the head must be inside the torque converter thingy.

Killer - 27/7/10 at 06:26 PM

Jamster & SteveC you are todays winners and have now been elevated to the position of sainthood

Thanks, of course you were right, I was feeling through the hole and thought it was the sandwichwich plate but it was a plastic bung, removed and nuts right behind.

Cheers fellas

Rich