Board logo

Engine cutting out
jono2020 - 1/9/10 at 08:14 PM

After driving the car quite furiously the engine doesn't like to stay on... The revs will just cut out then I have a problem starting it again. It has twin webber 45's on it and I'm not sure when they were last balanced, would that be the problem. Also it doesnt always start first time and the starter motor makes a bit of a grinding noise sometimes. Would that be a related problem...

MakeEverything - 1/9/10 at 09:16 PM

Sounds like fuel evaporating?

rusty nuts - 1/9/10 at 09:22 PM

Has the problem only been there since the oil was changed?

jono2020 - 1/9/10 at 09:41 PM

No it was like that before...

mookaloid - 1/9/10 at 11:12 PM

Sounds like fuel starvation of some sort. Have you checked the fuel pump?

Cheers

mark

jono2020 - 2/9/10 at 01:17 PM

Im not fantastic with mechanics so I will get my mate to look at it and check the fuel pump for me

flipper123 - 16/2/11 at 08:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jono2020
Im not fantastic with mechanics so I will get my mate to look at it and check the fuel pump for me

i had the same problem before it was set up on a rolling road i would floor it and it would cut out leave it idol for ten mins and warm up and it would be ok, it didnt have the correct fuel air ratio once it was revving high it. it was really annoying thats why i got it set up on a rolling road. the starter motor was from the sierra doner and was on at the end of its life then. i gave a p100 starter to the guy to fit, which was a brand new one i never got round to doing it. seams like it was never done. westfield use a slimline one. but im not sure what it comes off, but it spins like a banshi and is very powerful. maybe find out what they use and try that. thats what my mate has on his westy zetec.
another good mod is the raceline water rail gets rid of the header tank? also looks fanny tastic.