Board logo

Turbo Exhaust design
Rallye_Mark - 20/12/10 at 08:25 PM

Anyone got any pictures of their exhaust run? I am wondering if I'll need a flexi pipe and also interested to see how some of the turbo'ed cars look, where the exhaust exits etc.

Thanks Mark

Antnicuk - 20/12/10 at 08:37 PM

I run mine out of the turbo, across the top of the gearbox and then down and out of the passenger side. Several reasons for this. Rotaries are very loud and i wanted 2 silencers, They make a lot of heat and i didnt want a glowing red hot silencer running close to the sill. I wanted the noise on the passenger side and it also balanced the weight a little.

This is why

stevec - 20/12/10 at 09:25 PM

tomgregory2000 - 20/12/10 at 10:06 PM

Check out this link Click me

mine is on there some where

westy turbo - 20/12/10 at 10:07 PM

[Edited on 20/12/10 by westy turbo]

beaver34 - 20/12/10 at 10:08 PM

good thread, im looking at my manifold design and moving it out of the side of the car to help with heat issues, the above car is very nice and well finished

are thee any down sides to running the turbo further from the engine? exhaust manifolds types seem to vary massively

Rallye_Mark - 21/12/10 at 09:34 AM

quote:
Originally posted by beaver34
are thee any down sides to running the turbo further from the engine? exhaust manifolds types seem to vary massively

I am going to run with a short equal length tubular manifold as i drew up my own design as I have very little room. IIRC if the turbo is closer to the engine, there is more heat in the gases which have more potential energy, probably not too noticable but every little helps. I can post a picture up of my design later, done on paper.

StrikerChris - 21/12/10 at 12:53 PM