Board logo

Vauxhall XE Clutch
BMF - 25/6/04 at 08:51 AM

I have been offered a SBD 4.7kg lightened flywheel (original is 6Kg), and 2x SBD Quad Padle plate Helix clutches, release bearing, 2 release arms for £150.00

I am not sure how suitable these quad padle clutch plates are for road use.

Any ideas?

If anyone wants the Clutch plates, perhaps we can come to a deal!

Cheers Ben

andrew-theasby - 25/6/04 at 07:36 PM

Hi, cant really help about the clutches but if your just after a flywheel, theres a guy selling em on ebay for about £85 if i remember rightly. Might be of interest to you (no connection)

NS Dev - 26/6/04 at 07:19 PM

it depends on whether they are sprung centre paddle plates or unsprung. If they have torsion springs like a "normal" clutch then they are ok for road use ( a bit sharp but ok) if they are just a solid plate with no springs then they are a bit rough for road use, they are totally in or out, no in-between!!

They are the right diameter and spline for your application I presume!!??

If they are as above then buy them!! The helix plates are tough and can be "re-paddled" very cheaply when necessary.

ned - 28/6/04 at 08:32 AM

I contacted the guy selling the light flywheels on ebay. they weigh about 2.5 kg's, but you'll need a 7 1/4 inch (race) clutch cover as the standard vauxhall one won't fit. With the cover and clutch plates to suit it would become expensive..

Ned.