Board logo

what gasket for this bit - hayabusa
mikegsi - 9/2/11 at 11:53 AM

after a run out yesterday to sort out a few niggles, and found another!

theres a slight oil leak from a gasket on a sensor at the top of my hayabusa engine

its the one in the red circle...

rather than mess about with gasket paste id prefer to put a proper gasket on it, and dont have time to take the car to my local bike shop (aka rip-off merchants!!) so if i knew what i was looking at id order one online

cheers

BobM - 9/2/11 at 01:11 PM

That's the cam position sensor. Should be fine with some instant gasket.

carpmart - 9/2/11 at 01:11 PM

Just get some gasket paper/card and cut one out!

fimi7 - 10/2/11 at 12:58 AM

Try Cometic, I have used them in a few spots and they always fit exactly. Not bad on the pocket book.

yorkshire-engines - 10/2/11 at 08:50 AM

HI YES THATS THE CAM SENSOR THERE IS A FIXED O RING SEAL UNDER IT IV NEVER EVER KNOWN ONE LEAK BEFORE BUT IF YOU NEED ONE ILL HAVE ON E FROM A OLD ROCKER COVER LET US KNOW ILL POST IT
CHEERS MALC

sorry didnt know caps lock on

mikegsi - 11/2/11 at 10:13 AM

Hi Mal,

i took the sensor off to find out what it actually looked like, the reason its leaking is cos theres no seal there whatsover!!

ive been in touch with Robinsons Foundries of Canterbury and they're sending me a new one for a fiver plus postage.....

tbh i didnt think to get in touch with you Mal, id of had the seal by the weekend via my personal TNT courier

Mal, do you know much about TTS tuning? it would seem that after doing a bit of digging they're the ones responsible for building and tuning my busa lump?