Board logo

Narrow hose clamps, where to find?
The Modfather - 9/6/11 at 10:26 PM

Hi everyone.

Can anyone give some advice on where I can get the narrow hose clamps for bike carbs please, or the correct term for them. I am using standard jubilees but they keep pulling off the mouths of the carbs and I'm fed up having to keep putting the darn things back on. I have spent all evening searching the net, but have drawn a blank.
I am using zx6r kawasaki carbs, think they are the J model, year 2000.

Many thanks

Daz

RichardK - 9/6/11 at 10:37 PM

Have a look here, maybe worth a read? Linky

But to answer your q I'd try and get some from a bike breaker off the inlet rubbers, that's what they are usually called. My rubbers were off a Honda Hornet 600 and were pretty thin if that helps.

Cheers

Rich

[Edited on 9/6/11 by RichardK]

The Modfather - 9/6/11 at 10:48 PM

Thanks Rich. Someone else stated about making clamps, which TBH I don't really want to do. Also the joiners for these carbs bolt to the bike engine so they aren't any good for my application.
I might shorten the silicon hoses and see if that helps any, but I think the wide jubilee clips are squeezing the hoses off due to their width.

Daz

RichardK - 9/6/11 at 11:06 PM

Yeh maybe the rubbers wouldn't work but the clamps on them might be ok, got to get this right, last thing you want is a bay fire

Take it easy mate

Rich

FASTdan - 10/6/11 at 02:55 PM

I sell the 9mm wide mikalor hose clips for bike carbs if they are any use to you?