Board logo

Zetec - Crank case breather
lsdweb - 26/8/04 at 04:42 PM

Hi All

I'm trying to fit a crank case breatehr onto my 2 litre Zetec (the one on the block under the exhaust manifold). Has anybody used anything other than the standard Ford fitting / valve?

Regards

Wyn

dave1888 - 26/8/04 at 05:22 PM

andyharding is working on an alternative. steel blanking plate with a tube welded on then a rubber tube to catch tank

zetec - 26/8/04 at 05:48 PM

The valve Ford fit only opens when their is negative presure from the inlet manifold so will in normal use never open if not connected. Dunnels say just leave as fitted as the engine can breath via the camcover pipe.

lsdweb - 26/8/04 at 06:48 PM

Dave1888

I have a plate with an oulet welded on, fed into a catch tank. After 4 laps of Llandow in a sprint, the tank was full! This wasn't a good idea!

Wyn

Thrustyjust - 26/8/04 at 08:04 PM

Just take the poppet valve out of the small catch tank and cut the end off and then remove the valve and spring.It will now breath open,but leave the tank on the sideof the block,as this prevents the oil splash from the crank hurtling up and filling your breather tank as other have found.

lsdweb - 28/8/04 at 08:13 AM

Thanks all

I spoke to Paul Dunnell yesterday - he recommends just blanking off the hole. I'll do that. He did offer (jokingly) to sell me a titanium blanking plate for £100!!!

Regards

Wyn