Board logo

Type 9 reverse switch
pekwah1 - 4/4/12 at 10:41 AM

Hi Guys,

I've got a 5 speed type 9 in my striker.
I have just come to the realisation that i may not have a reverse switch in the gearbox.

Does anyone have a good photo of where this switch goes on the gearbox as i'm trying to work out if i'm going to need to drop the whole bloody thing back out of the car!

Cheers,
Andy

arry - 4/4/12 at 10:54 AM

hi andy,,

ive just fitted a new switch in my type 9wich is in my tiger,, if you can get the car up enough to get under,
the switch is located directly under the gear stick ,,, if you get under the car the switch is located on the drivers side at the top of the alloy housing and you should see a approx 19mm nut,, or if its missin put your finger up there and you will soon feel where it should be its simple to get to ,, hope this helps you out !!!!

arry

pekwah1 - 4/4/12 at 10:56 AM

that does help!
So is the port opening where the switch goes on the bottom or the side of the bellhousing?

loggyboy - 4/4/12 at 11:08 AM

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=128939

arry - 4/4/12 at 11:09 AM

hi andy ,,
yes mate the switch is on the drivers side at the top of the housing under where the gear stick is ,, the hole should be about the same size as a penny if its not there

arry

pajsh - 4/4/12 at 11:31 AM

View from above. Black sleeve below gear stick.

Might have a spare if you want one.

[Edited on 4/4/12 by pajsh]

pekwah1 - 4/4/12 at 11:57 AM

Ahhhh nice one!
I've been looking all round the bottom/sides.
I'll have a check tonight hopefully but if it is missing i might have to take you up on the spare!

jwallbank - 4/4/12 at 12:07 PM

You don't need to use the gearbox switch. IVA manual says ".......or be fitted with a telltale warning device" so you could just fit an illuminated switch.

pekwah1 - 4/4/12 at 12:10 PM

thanks wallbank, but if i've got a space for a switch and i have to have a reverse light anyway, might as well use it!

JeffJeffers - 4/4/12 at 06:34 PM

If you haven't got a switch I have got one I'm not using cause it won't fit in my chassis. You can have it if you need it.