Board logo

Motad carbon silencer
PAUL FISHER - 6/4/12 at 02:47 PM

Thanks to Sean " INDYBIRD" for putting me in touch with Ian Mcdonald at Motad(01922714700), just finished fitting my new silencer, very pleased with the result, top quality, very light weight and
sounds superb, not too loud, more of a deep burble from the 2.5" bore, came with fixing bracket, clamps, and 2.5" to 2" reducer, all for £234 delivered

Measurements are for anyone interested, the inlet of the can is 2.5 inches id . Body length is 24 inches with an overall length including inlet and outlet of 32 inches.

They are available to buy on ebay, but are £287.85 with the adapter, so its best to ring Ian direct for this deal.

[img] motad 1
motad 1
[/img]

[img] motad 2
motad 2
[/img]

[img] motad 3
motad 3
[/img]

INDY BIRD - 6/4/12 at 02:54 PM

Mmmmm mmmmm what can i say awesome looks superb paul, I think for the money they are spot on and great company to deal with, also love the seats,

Catch up soon Sean

ASH3 - 21/7/13 at 09:14 PM

Horribly to long.... sorry

daniel mason - 21/7/13 at 09:18 PM

have you waited a year to say that?

FASTdan - 22/7/13 at 11:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ASH3

Looks spot on to me....care to elaborate?

omega0684 - 22/12/13 at 10:42 PM

I've heard several reports (word of mouth) that they are prone to cracking

Ian Jones - 7/1/14 at 11:25 AM

I have this exhaust and it has not cracked at all and still sounds fantastic

MikeRJ - 7/1/14 at 09:25 PM

quote:

It's absolutely perfect, IMO "stubby" exhaust cans look absolutely terrible (on bikes and cars).

yellowcab - 7/1/14 at 09:32 PM

I'm with Mike, I think it looks perfect.

Think I hate about stubby cans, is that it blatantly looks like you've just used a bike can, and whacked it on the side of the car.

This looks awesome and fit for purpose.

I'd love to know the weight of it, to see if there is a huge advantage over my Aprilla RSV Mille anchor lol

chicade - 8/1/14 at 07:51 AM

Looks that good I have ordered one!

dhutch - 31/10/14 at 04:09 PM

I like it.

I have a Paul Gooderham can, which has been great, need re-packing now but was still not as quiet when new as I had hoped.

At the end of the day, looks aside, size matters for noise reduction and if your doing trackdays/motorsports thats what you need to not wee of the locals, fair do really.

Also think they larger can looks the part, but at the end of the day, its there for a reason as well.

Daniel

zx12r dug - 31/10/14 at 07:55 PM

Very nice that's what im going for

MsD - 1/11/14 at 08:15 AM

I've been after one of these for a while. Part of my winter mods.
Does anyone have any more pictures fitted to the car?
Mark.

INDY BIRD - 1/11/14 at 08:25 AM

raw striker
raw striker

And a few more in my photo archive under striker cheers

CosKev3 - 1/11/14 at 02:51 PM

Do look spot on these

quote:

And I suppose that horrible little one on the side of yours looks good.............

Got a spec-savers local to you???????