Board logo

Rolling Roads - Yorkshire
gingerprince - 30/7/12 at 05:09 PM

So I'm getting a new can on my MK and will need it re-jetting and some rolling road time. It's fireblade engine on carbs.

Last time I used Holeshot as they were just down the road in Bradford, but they're in Ireland now which is a bit of a trek! What other options are there coming from Leeds? Bogg Bros would I assume be the obvious choice, but are there others to consider that do bike engines?

Wheels244 - 30/7/12 at 05:17 PM

Daytuner - just outside Harrogate.

You won't go far wrong with Damien - top bloke and knows his stuff

GOJO - 30/7/12 at 05:28 PM

+1 for daytuner not used yet but have mates who have been there and i will be taking my mk there in a fiew weeks

Jon Ison - 30/7/12 at 06:35 PM

+ another for Daytuner, he as the patience of a saint and will transform your car.

gingerprince - 30/7/12 at 06:59 PM

Closer and well regarded. Guess i'll give them a call then Cheers all.

jase380 - 30/7/12 at 07:58 PM

Daytuner again, did a fine job on mine, came away a different car.

gingerprince - 25/8/12 at 12:46 PM

Thanks for the tip all. Just got back, did a great job - car running sweet now. Oddly it was running rich, not lean as I'd have expected putting a less restrictive exhaust in. It is a different engine though, so shows how you can only really tell if things are setup correctly by a proper tuning session.

What I did find out is that it'll run happily with or without my airbox, with the airbox just throttling slightly lower down the torque curve. So I can have noisy for road, and quiet for track if needed