Board logo

dry sump oil and water system help
daniel mason - 31/10/12 at 11:02 PM

does anyone have a layout of the oil system pipework for the sbd dry sump kit?
and also the coolant system with electric waterpump set up?
all for the hayabusa engine,cheers

Andy B - 1/11/12 at 12:11 AM

Hi Daniel
Done a fair few of these, give me a bell and I will talk you through it
Best regards
Andy

T66 - 1/11/12 at 09:32 PM

Daniel are you aware SBD have a pdf install thing on their site ?

infact here it is

http://www.sbdev.co.uk/Info_sheets/Hayabusa/Hayabusa%20Dry%20Sump%20Instruction%20Sheet.pdf

[Edited on 1/11/12 by T66]

big_l - 2/11/12 at 12:03 AM

Plenty of pics on my blog mate !

daniel mason - 2/11/12 at 07:11 AM

cheers guys, its the plumbing ivan. ive fit the dry sump without problems, but am unsure of the plumbing.
ive looked in your blog mate but cant see any clear pics of your plumbing. i only haveone inlet on the sump pan and one outlet on the scavange pump. with 2x couplings from scavange pump to pan

Andy B - 2/11/12 at 08:36 AM

Hi Daniel
SBD set up as follows,

twin scavenge ports are connected directly to scavenge pump via o ringed tubes
outlet port on pump to feed into dry sump tank via oil cooler if fitted
bottom connection of tank gravity feeds inlet on sump pan which in turn feeds onboard oil pump

THERE IS AN ALLEN BOLT FITTED IN THE RELIEF PORT INSIDE WHERE THE OIL FILTER SCREWS ON, DEPENDING ON SET UP THIS WILL NEED TO BE REMOVED SPEAK TO STEVE BROUGHTON FOR ADVICE ON THIS ONE

hope that helps
Andy

daniel mason - 2/11/12 at 09:59 AM

Thanks andy, didnt want to bother you with another call.
I have removed the allen bolt inside oil filter housing as per sbd instructions,
thats is how i thought it was plumbed but the second hand d/s kit i got has 3x hoses and 6 ends. Is one a breather?

Also how do i plumb the electric water pump into the coolant system, with header tank and rad?
Engine has 2 outlets close to each other but one slightly lower than the other

big_l - 3/11/12 at 06:52 PM

On the engine send the highest water outlet 19mm to top of rad bottom water outlet on engine water pump on bottom hose with direction of flow towards the engine .

Bottom hose from header tank needs t piece into bottom rad hose this is to top up water system if required

On the top water outlet from engine is a small bleed pipe this goes to top of header tank and also if the rad has a bleed pipe at the top T this in too the top header tank hose 8mm?

Hope this helps

daniel mason - 3/11/12 at 07:48 PM

so the top 25mm outlet to top of rad,
lower outlet to waterpump with flow direction back towards engine, and other side of pump to bottom rad hose.
bottom of header tank t'd into bottom hose
bleed from top outlet to top of header tank?
cheers mate

big_l - 4/11/12 at 06:05 PM

Yes if the rad has a bleed pipe on the top then put that to the top of the header tank also