Board logo

Tiger zetec fan belt?
dan8400 - 20/9/15 at 07:41 PM

Hi everyone

Went out for a (very short) blast in the tiger tonight. Battery light came on. I stopped to check it out an there was no fan belt. Luckily I was only a mile from home so just took it steady. Not ideal but I got home.

Anyway, does anyone happen to know the part number or length of the tiger zetec fan / accessory belt. I have 1.8 zetec with their alternator bracket and pulley. So it'll be their standard belt size.

Thanks
Dan.

Slater - 20/9/15 at 08:20 PM

I have the same zetec but with CVH alternator, I was told to get some string, put it round the pulleys and measure the length, then visit the local motor factors and ask for :

5 PK 940 altemator belt

the 940 was the belt length in mm in my case.
the 5 is the number of ribs across the width.

So you just need to ask for 5 PK xxx to suit your string length.

dan8400 - 20/9/15 at 08:32 PM

I have a Lucas LRA101 alternator. I think that is the CVH one?

Thanks
Dan

nickm - 21/9/15 at 07:22 PM

Hi Dan
Think you will have to measure as already explained, as that alternator is not from that engine, well it wasnt on my Tiger Cat when i had one.
I would adjust the bracket that the alternator sits in to the mid point to give some allowance to your guestimate/measure or set to the shortest tightest so it can be tightened up but not loosened off if your measuring is accurate.

Hope this helps

Nick M

Think i saw you out on 6 mile straight the other Friday afternoon.

dan8400 - 21/9/15 at 08:04 PM

Thanks for tip Nick.

I wasn't out in the Tiger on Friday. Must be another kit flying around on our terrible roads lol.

Thanks
Dan

dan8400 - 22/9/15 at 03:52 PM

Turned out to be an 5pk890

Thanks
Dan