Board logo

Exhaust Mount Cotton Reels
AntonUK - 21/5/17 at 09:04 PM

My exhaust is mounted at the rear by a single rubber cotton reel style mount.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a decent quality supplier? My rubber one fitted last year perished and cracked. This year I fitted a supposedly better poly version and this thing just melted and broke in two.

hearbear - 21/5/17 at 10:45 PM

Our company used 40mm bobbins for safety barriers on the rear of bin lorries which were forever being reversed into immovable objects and it took a lot to burst them. Might still have one in garage could post if you feel it my work for you. Let me know and will have a look and sort it for you.

Cheers George

ste - 21/5/17 at 11:09 PM

I used these

4 x M8 20x30MM Anti Vibration Rubber Bobbin Mounts Male Female Boat Car Damper

and made this

Description
Description

WallerZero - 22/5/17 at 08:59 AM

I've used these guys for a number of things both personal and business. Loads of options and more importantly, everything I've ordered has arrived within 24-48 hours

http://www.wdsltd.co.uk/categories/75/anti-vibration-mounts/

All sorts of random things on there and many fancy bolt side project ideas for the kit are growing lol

motivforz - 22/5/17 at 11:30 AM

My piece of advice for these is make sure you get ones with spanner flats built into them - that way when you tighten up against them you're not shearing the rubber and can stop it from twisting when it's installed. A company producing these is less likely to use cheap rubber (perhaps).

For example, these ones:
Set of 4 Anti Vibration Mount / Rubber Mounts / Hexagon Male Male M8x16mm

dave r - 22/5/17 at 06:54 PM

also if you can make the bracket so it is compressing it rather than hanging from it...
mine last much longer that way