Board logo

MT75 output flange
TL - 19/2/05 at 10:09 PM

I need to get a prop made to connect my MT75 to a live axle, so I will not be using the rubber donut.
I know I could use the Transit MT75 flange, but is there any other option? my reasoning is that the 3 bolts on the donut setup can obviously handle the torque, so can't I just turn up an adaptor with 3 holes to suit the MT75 "spider" and 4 holes to fit a UJ? Am I missing the point somewhere?
Alternatively, does anyone have a Transit flange for sale?

zetec - 20/2/05 at 07:36 AM

The prop I had made did away with the donut and bolted an adaptor to the three "fingers" of the output casting, with as you suggest 4 holes for a normal prop u/j. Works just fine.

richyb - 20/2/05 at 06:04 PM

me too - just got rid of the whole donut and flange and bolted direct to the box output.

if you want the donut / flange, i have 2 complete as spares for free !!

shaywez - 20/2/05 at 09:11 PM

I agree with the above 2 posts, do away with the donut and bolt straight to the box output

Liam - 20/2/05 at 09:33 PM

I was wondering about this...

How do you ensure perfect concentricity, what with there being no register on the three pronged output? I mean wont there be some clearance in the holes of your adaptor and therefore a possibility of bolting it on out of concentric?

Guess it works OK for people though...

Liam

TL - 20/2/05 at 10:00 PM

Thanks Guys,

That's encouraging news.

Liam, the "3 fingered spider / flange thingy" (as I believe is its correct description!!) appears to have a spigot sticking out the back. I guess the spigot normally locates in the centre of the donut. For our "non donut" setup, the home made adaptor would have a hole in its centre, to accept the gearbox spigot, thus providing concentricity.

Liam - 20/2/05 at 11:09 PM

Oh yeah!

Awesome

Liam