Board logo

Injectors
Dusty - 12/1/06 at 11:16 PM

I am fitting GSXR 750 TBs and injectors on a zetec. After headwork and new 285 cams I am aiming for about 200bhp.
Does anyone know the flow rate of these injectors. They have a D on one side (?Denso) and some numbers on the other.
28, 731 and 3380.

rayward - 12/1/06 at 11:50 PM

600's are 220cc/min, and 1000's are 330cc/min if that helps

Ray

stevebubs - 13/1/06 at 09:21 AM

275cc I think

Dusty - 13/1/06 at 05:27 PM

According to the sites I have had a look at on the web 275cc/min will not be big enough for 200bhp and 330cc/min is only just OK. Anyone got a better idea for scrapyard injectors that will fit and run about 350cc/min?

cidersurfer - 13/1/06 at 05:36 PM

I agree with Stevebubs, I was told 270cc at 3 bar

fully sideways - 25/6/06 at 02:39 PM

I am running about 250 bhp on 48 carbs at the moment , has anyone tried GXSR 750 T/B in this power range .. If so what injectors did you use , please

Motor is a 2.3 n/a cosworth..

cheers

nre - 26/6/06 at 07:02 AM

The 2000-2003 GSXR750 KEIHIN injectors should be 270cc at 3bar. Earlier ones had a lower flow rate (190cc at 3bar). Have a look at my TB conversion pages for more info:

www.mymojo.co.uk

I'm running the 270cc injectors at 2.5bar on a 1.8 zetec with 130 cams, and the injectors are running at max 83% duty cycle. The same injectors should be fine for a 2.0 running at 3bar, I would've thought...

Cheers,

Neil

MikeRJ - 26/6/06 at 08:16 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Dusty
According to the sites I have had a look at on the web 275cc/min will not be big enough for 200bhp and 330cc/min is only just OK. Anyone got a better idea for scrapyard injectors that will fit and run about 350cc/min?

I initialy came to the same conclusion when using the injector size calculator at the megasquirt site and a few other places, but the practice does not seem to support the theory!

The standard cream 20XE injectors are only rated at 214cc/min which according to the calculations is barely able to support the standard 155bhp. However SBD use these injectors in their 196bhp throttle body conversion with only an increase in fuel pressure (from 2.5 to 3.5 bar) which takes the flow rate up to 253cc/min.

Either Vauxhall and SBD are running these system right on the ragged edge with no spare capacity at all or the calculations are not appropriate for these systems.

fully sideways - 26/6/06 at 12:29 PM

Guys, with that in mind i would deduce that the 270cl are too small for my application, what would you suggest to get the flow rate upto 350 to support this extra demand. ?

stevebubs - 26/6/06 at 04:58 PM

Look at what the cossie turbo tuners are using for this sort of horsepower and fit a set of those...reasonably easily obtainable off ebay...?

Liam - 27/6/06 at 05:22 PM

Just get some standard cossy yellow injectors. Flow rate is about 310 i think but they easily support the 200+ standard power of the cossy. And a NA should use less fuel per hp than a turbo anyway.

Liam

fully sideways - 28/6/06 at 11:54 AM

HiLiam, that was my inital thought, but i am running 11.8:1 comp. and i would hate to run the system at fully duty rate down the back straight on the rev. limiter .( box of scrap)..
but i will try it on the rollers ..

cheers- Andrew

Krismc - 28/6/06 at 05:00 PM

well im planning on the same install with GXSR750/zetec with standard injectors so hope mines ok ill let you know in a few weeks!!

if not my mega squirt has been set up for 13.4ohms injectors (750 ones) will i have a problem if i change them??

stevebubs - 28/6/06 at 05:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Krismc
well im planning on the same install with GXSR750/zetec with standard injectors so hope mines ok ill let you know in a few weeks!!

if not my mega squirt has been set up for 13.4ohms injectors (750 ones) will i have a problem if i change them??

Not so long as you change the for high impedence ones.

If you go for low impedence then you'll need a resistor pack to bring the impedence up.

stevebubs - 28/6/06 at 05:42 PM

FWIW, I'm running the same setup but on Vectra GSi Injectors (Purple ones, High Impedence).

didn't try the original Gixxer ones - went straight to full size car injectors.

Liam - 28/6/06 at 06:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by fully sideways
HiLiam, that was my inital thought, but i am running 11.8:1 comp. and i would hate to run the system at fully duty rate down the back straight on the rev. limiter .( box of scrap)..
but i will try it on the rollers ..

cheers- Andrew

Aaah got mixed up there - didn't notice you creep in with a different application! Yep i'd agree with you that standard cossie yellows would be pushing it for a 250bhp application.

For the original poster (200bhp) they'd be fine though. Or for that matter a set of injectors off any 200bhp 4 pot. Vaux 20LET and rover vitty turdo spring to mind and should be easy to get hold of.

Liam

martyn_16v - 28/6/06 at 10:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by stevebubs
quote:
Originally posted by Krismc

Not so long as you change the for high impedence ones.

If you go for low impedence then you'll need a resistor pack to bring the impedence up.

MS can run low impedance injectors quite happily on a four cylinder engine, as loong as you use the right PWM settings. Just wire them up so you have two injectors on each injector bank.

If you've got a V3 board you can actually run all four injectors off one bank, if it's a V2.2 you'd need the separate flyback board to do this but it's still a possibility. But either way, splitting the injectors across the two available banks is the best way to go about it.

fully sideways - 3/7/06 at 09:22 AM

Sorry Liam, I seem to hijacked this thread, the first application was a Zetec, but i am running a 2.3 holbay cosworth.. the power is estimated at 250 gee gees as we can not keep it from lighting the tyres on the rollers .... big tyrs & glue & 3 in the boot has been tried .. makes fun for days in the wet .