Board logo

Rad sizes
gary gsx - 16/9/06 at 08:58 PM

Could any body tell me if the micra rad is smaller than a polo one, reason being is i have a polo rad and its very tight in the nose cone (Luego Locost).

Ive tried different ways of fitting it but no luck

Mark Allanson - 16/9/06 at 09:16 PM

The micra one is one of the smallest available, Mine fits with 3" gap all the way around. If you do fit one, change the rear mounted fan to a front mounted fan from a Peugeot 306,405,406, it will save you load of hassle later

ian furness - 16/9/06 at 09:27 PM

try honda civic 18"x15" fits in well

omega 24 v6 - 16/9/06 at 10:09 PM

quote:

Could any body tell me if the micra rad is smaller than a polo one, reason being is i have a polo rad and its very tight in the nose cone (Luego Locost).

Snap with me also. It's tight but could be made to fit (JUST) however I'd prefer it to have a bit of clearance. I've been discussing with a couple of people whether it would still work if it was in a vertical position. Would the outlets need to be at the top in order for it to be bled??
Sorry if you think this is a thread hijack but it may help you with your problem as well.

gary gsx - 16/9/06 at 10:13 PM

We are all in it together matie the more people that answer the better

Mark

What model micra is rad from just looked in your archive its fit better that my polo rad

DavidM - 17/9/06 at 02:09 PM

I used a Micra radiator with a Luego locost nosecone and it fits fine. Kept the Micra fan too, with no problems.

Regards,

David