Board logo

Parts from america
JackNco - 8/10/06 at 10:56 PM

hey all me again

Ive just been presented with an opportunity, a friend of mine who lives in the states will be coming and going across the pond once or twice a month and has agreed to bring a few parts across for me.

So before the opportunity disappears does anyone know any good American companies to get parts for a Zetec engine?

Im thinking...
camshafts/springs?
Light weight pulleys and crank wheel?
anything else u recommend?

John

SeaBass - 9/10/06 at 07:26 AM

A lot of bike parts seem quite cheap in the US. Maybe get him to bring back a few sets of throttle bodies to punt on.

Cheers

Phil.J - 9/10/06 at 07:51 AM

Where abouts is he located in the States? I may need something bringing from Michigan in the near future if he is willing and near.

paulf - 9/10/06 at 09:48 AM

If you need an ECU it may be worth getting him to bring a megasquirt kit or built unit over, there are a few suppliers of kits for them in the US but postage and import tax adds a fair bit to them if importing.
Paul.

Kissy - 9/10/06 at 10:16 AM

Vortech do a supercharger kit for the Zetec; pound is still fairly strong so could be a good buy...
http://www.focussport.com/supercharger.htm

JackNco - 9/10/06 at 02:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SeaBass
A lot of bike parts seem quite cheap in the US. Maybe get him to bring back a few sets of throttle bodies to punt on.

Maybe, there not exactly expensive over here though. but ill look in to it

quote:

Where abouts is he located in the States? I may need something bringing from Michigan in the near future if he is willing and near.

Hes in boston. ill ask him if he fancies setting up a courier service for a small profit for people but hes on companie flights so i dunno how much he woudl want ot but ill ask

quote:
If you need an ECU it may be worth getting him to bring a megasquirt kit or built unit over, there are a few suppliers of kits for them in the US but postage and import tax adds a fair bit to them if importing.
Paul.

Im going megajolt as im gonan set up on carbs but i may get him to bringa few over as the dont way much

quote:

Vortech do a supercharger kit for the Zetec; pound is still fairly strong so could be a good buy...

lol the pounds not that strong, im planning a locost build. i do wunder how hard it would be to make one of those kits though. ive got a procharge booklet here and its just a pulley wheel geared up at 4.7:1 to the charger on a T6 compressor. so if i can gt my hands on a cheap S/H turbo i may have a go at it.

Also there kit boosts up to 8PSI without an intercooler, ive always been told past 6 u need one?

Thanx for all your help guys

John

[Edited on 9/10/06 by JackNco]

MustangSix - 9/10/06 at 02:23 PM

The 1900 CVH was used extensively here from the mid-eighties to present. A crank and rods, possibly even a complete engine would be dirt cheap and as I understand it, the CVH is the foundation for the Zetec engine.

JackNco - 9/10/06 at 05:15 PM

lol he comes over with a bag on a flight........ i think an engine would be pushingmy luck!

Simon - 9/10/06 at 10:41 PM

Bugger, I was gonna suggest an LS1 lump

ATB

Simon

Fred W B - 10/10/06 at 08:14 AM

Have you checked out the prices in the states for those sexy Willwood brake parts?

I bought from Bill Whelan at

www.precisionbrakescompany.com
Precision Brakes Company
476 Applegate Way
Ashland OR 97520
Phone: (541) 488-2604
Toll Free: (866) 992-7253
Fax: (541) 482-2873

examples

- 260-3372 master cylinder 5/8 bore is 62.50
1- 260-3374 master cylinders 3/4 bore is 62.50
1 -340-1757 Bias bar assembly only 55.49