Board logo

coolant overflow?
auzziejim - 20/1/07 at 08:51 PM

right the last item that needs sorting mechanical wise on my indy is the cooling. iv sorted everything bar the small overflow outlets.

im using a polo rad with a lupo header tank and both have small 5/6mm outlets. i also have another outlet the same size in the pinto thermostat housing that is currently blocked off as per ford. however i thought i may aswell have this go to the top of the header tank with the rad outlet.

but what do i use for the hosing? i cant find any 6mm ID heater hose but loads of 6mm ID fuel/oil hose will this be suitable? i assume it will cope with the pressure but what about the temp? also where would i get a 'T' piece from?

or is there anything else i should look at?

cheers

james

DIY Si - 20/1/07 at 08:59 PM

I think you can get silicon hose in that size, assuming it is actually silicon on mine! T pieces can be brought from most tuning places, or get some one local to knock a few up for you.

martthefridgeman - 20/1/07 at 09:08 PM

i have used 6mm and 8mm fuel hose on my cooling system for the header tank return with no problems. for T pieces try your local scrappy or try www.thinkauto.co.uk. not cheap though, 6-7 quid for a 1/4 or 5/16 steel T piece. MJA.