Board logo

2.0 zetec phase 3
tim windmill - 1/5/07 at 10:27 AM

i have now decided on engine for my next build. 2.0l zetec phase 3 from a mondeo, have tried to do as much research as possible and from what i can gather it seems a decent motor. my intention is get it through the sva using standard throttle body, with megasquirt and then go to bike throttle bodies as a winter upgrade along with cam upgrade.
so i am looking for 1.8 flywheel,cvh starter motor and a megasquirt supplier any info would be appreciated been looking at zetec-cat site some excellent info on there which has helped me decide on this engine choice

Schrodinger - 1/5/07 at 10:42 AM

You will also need a Cat in the exhaust, and you will need the lambda sensor as you probably know.
Paul (Zetec-cat site) built his car with a phase 1/2 engine then swapped to the blacktop after sva.

[Edited on 1/5/07 by Schrodinger]

Sporty - 1/5/07 at 10:48 AM

Tim,

Just been researching a zetec for an engine change for my xflow. Don't know where you are in East Yorks but Simpsons at Full Sutton had a good range of engines to choose.

Ian

tim windmill - 1/5/07 at 11:56 AM

im in south cave nr market weighton, thanks for the info

Hellfire - 1/5/07 at 12:00 PM

Tim, I think you should have a word with Tom.

And then get that bang on your head checked out by your local GP

Phil

TangoMan - 1/5/07 at 10:28 PM

A good choice but an earlier silvertop would get yu away from needing a cat.

I wideband O2 sensor would be a good investment anyway if you are using Megasquirt so don't let that put you off.

Tim, check the for sale section as big_wasa has some bits you may want.

[Edited on 1/5/07 by TangoMan]

stevebubs - 1/5/07 at 11:29 PM

<--- well worth it. *However* if you're starting from scratch I would consider your other options - Duratec, Mazda MX5, Toyota etc.

1.8 MX5 is a relatively easy fit and doesn't product much less HP than a 2.0 zetec. Easily supercharged, too - plus a six speed gearbox is available.