Board logo

crank / flywheel position sensor
givemethebighammer - 3/10/03 at 03:26 PM

Maybe one for conrod

What is the difference between the sensors on the following models

zetec 2.0L auto
zetec 2.0L manual
zetec 1.8 manual

only I have a 2.0L auto engine I intend to fit a 1.8 manual flywheel to, and I am not sure if I need to change the sensor or housing.

thanks

Mix - 3/10/03 at 05:13 PM

You need a manual sensor, they are interchangeable with the auto one and I believe the 1.8 and 2.0 versions use the same sensor.

I'm in the same boat as you, 2.0 auto Zetec. Just to complicate things it's post emmissions so I'm being forced down the, (expensive) injection route.

Mick

Gizmo - 3/10/03 at 05:46 PM

I've just done this very thing and I needed the housing from a manual as the sensor is a country mile away from the flywheel with the auto housing. I think I have a spare if you need one. The sensors are all the same

---john---

[Edited on 3/10/03 by Gizmo]

givemethebighammer - 3/10/03 at 06:40 PM

Thanks,

Mix why don't buy a pre cat zetec

my running early 94 2.0L cost £250. Put it in then swap it later for the newer one.

Old Zetec for new Zetec shouldn't take too long, after all no new brackets or other stuff to make. Straight swap.

I may swap my unit for a newer lower milage unit after the SVA.

I know that technically everthing post 1992 should have a CAT on it but I am sure if the engine is pre May/June 1995 it can get through on carbs without one.

(even if I have to run it lean at the SVA )

[Edited on 3/10/03 by givemethebighammer]

Gizmo - 6/10/03 at 06:46 PM

Wil, it should be with you Wednesday.

---john---

givemethebighammer - 6/10/03 at 07:14 PM

Thanks John

PS see my thread RE short sump for zetec

zetec - 6/10/03 at 09:05 PM

I got thru SVA with a "94 Zetec without a cat, you get thru due to the wording of the rules. You will be tested to the emissions laid down for your vehicle in the emissions test manual, as the chances of a MK or Locost being listed is zero they must test you on a 92-95 levels, easy to pass without a cat on carbs. That said I fitted injection as the £300 extra was well worth it.