Board logo

Gearbox
jnormandale - 7/3/08 at 08:58 AM

I'm after a ford type 9 gearbox preferably in the essex/west london region if anyone is willing to sell! Am already watching one on ebay but is a little far away, if anyone is selling please let me know cheers.

P.S. Type 9 gearbox for rear wheel drive only.

[Edited on 09/12/2007 by jnormandale]

Humbug - 7/3/08 at 09:46 AM

Are there Type 9s for front wheel drive???

mookaloid - 7/3/08 at 10:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Humbug
Are there Type 9s for front wheel drive???

Don't think so....

indykid - 7/3/08 at 10:17 AM

but there's the 4x4 type 9, so technically, yes, there is a 4x4 for front wheel drive.......

tom

rusty nuts - 7/3/08 at 06:52 PM

Got one in my car at the moment which may be coming out this weekend (weather permitting) to make way for my BGH box. I'm on the Essex side of Cambridge near to Duxford junction 10 on the M11

jnormandale - 7/3/08 at 06:59 PM

How many miles has it done both in your car and the donor? How much do you want for it?

Cheers James

rusty nuts - 7/3/08 at 07:07 PM

Don't know how many miles it had done hen I fitted the box. I have clocked up about 4,000 miles with no problems but since rebuilding and modifying my engine I find first gear very low hence the BGH box going in . Have also got the clutch release arm and gear lever . Was hoping for around £50.00? Box is still in the car if you want to check it out before removing but hope to get it out this weekend.

jnormandale - 7/3/08 at 07:31 PM

I'm in Essex till Sunday, well Saffron Walden so not to far from you am staying with family for the weekend. Will be driving back down to London so I could stop by on the way home to West London if you take it out, if not I am up again in two weeks so could pick it up then. £40 any good?

rusty nuts - 7/3/08 at 08:15 PM

Okay, i'll u 2 u my details