Board logo

Zetec Short Sump
mad4x4 - 8/5/08 at 06:44 AM

Again probably flogged to death

Was out for a run last night and still having problems with ground stikes in my 7.

Fitted sump guard now Ground clearence is 50mm - (standard sump)

Where could I buy a short sump. I don;t have skill or tools to modify one myself. aka I can;t weld ally.

coozer - 8/5/08 at 06:59 AM

CVH sump?

whitestu - 8/5/08 at 07:47 AM

A 2 part Focus sump is easy to modify as well, by cuttiung down the lower steel part.

stu

Ian D - 8/5/08 at 09:55 AM

Further to my previous post on Scholar not accepting 1.8 sumps. I have found a company in bristol who have shortened my sump. We got the height down to 150mm and retained the original capacity.

Cost was around the same as a Scholar engine plus getting a sump.

The Company is Avondale welding 01454 228889. the owner is Mike. He was very helpful and is a car and bike enthusiast doing a lot of one offs for the racing community.

BTW he has my dimensions already.

Ian

paulf - 8/5/08 at 02:22 PM

You could always cut the sump down , make a plate and then get somewhere to weld it up for you.If you get it nice and clean and ready to weld it shouldnt be more than an hours work.
I modded my 1800 sump and made a baffle arrangement that is attached to the internal steel baffle plate, pics in my archive.
Paul.

mad4x4 - 8/5/08 at 03:32 PM

Surely some one can sell me one - It will take me couple of week to mod the exisiting one i.e remove it mod it - get it welded. Finding some one willing to weld it in the North East of scotland is a joke. nobody want to work on small jobs only intrested in Big OIL jobs.......