Board logo

3 Inch Custom Exhaust Manufacturers - Notts / Derby Area
archspeed - 6/10/08 at 10:43 AM

Hi,

Could anyone advise / recommend a place in the Nottinghamshire / Derbyshire area that could manufacture a custom exhaust?

Needs to be 3 inch!! Most places I've tried seem to only do 2.5 inch as a maximum.

Thanks in advance...
Kevin

[Edited on 6/10/08 by archspeed]

MikeR - 6/10/08 at 10:47 AM

Not quite in the area you specify but have you tried Custom Chrome in Nuneaton?

eznfrank - 6/10/08 at 11:27 AM

You could try Martin Keenan?

archspeed - 6/10/08 at 11:43 AM

Thanks for the suggestions,

I've not tried Custom Chrome - It is a bit far (I'm assuming I'll have to take the car to them to get it measured / built, ) but having said that I'll keep them in mind just in case, so Thanks for the suggestion..

Martin Keenan?? That name rings a bell - Was he somthing to do with MK Sportcars?? A quick "google" tells me his place is MK Engineering in Rotherham - So it will definatley be worth a shout!! Thanks for that.

Keep em coming - this website is great !!

eznfrank - 6/10/08 at 12:31 PM

Yeah Martin used to own MK Sportscars before he sold it to his brothers (I think). His workshop is home based about 2-3 miles from MK's new place. He's a decent chap who from my experience has reasonable charges and is very knowledgeable in what he does.

grazzledazzle - 6/10/08 at 03:37 PM

Tony Law in Leeds.
Second to non in my opinion.

archspeed - 6/10/08 at 04:21 PM

Tony Law does look good aswell!!

Wish I'd done this post last week, would have saved me no end of time !!

Thanks for the replies so far.....

Kevin

tcr - 6/10/08 at 06:46 PM

i had mine done by a guy in bilsthorpe notts link to my zorst

NS Dev - 8/10/08 at 04:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by grazzledazzle
Tony Law in Leeds.
Second to non in my opinion.

Tony Law is in a league of his own, quality of work is excellent, most racers use his manifolds

Volvorsport - 8/10/08 at 05:08 PM

if your building a cosworth i assume you have a turbo ?

if so , its quite easy to build your own , i did mine .

archspeed - 9/10/08 at 11:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Volvorsport
if your building a cosworth i assume you have a turbo ?

if so , its quite easy to build your own , i did mine .

Yes it is a turbo, I do have a mate who has all the kit for "TIG" welding ( i think its TIG anyway), so he could do it for me, but I would still need to get my hands on all the "pre bent" pipes, and a nice 3 inch Silencer so he could weld them all up for me..

that gives me another problem, as looking around, there does seem to be places that do 3 inch "pre bent" pipes ( like Demon Tweeks) but they only do standard 90 degree type bends, not the 7 degree bend that i will need on the straight piece that runs down the side of the car into the silencer.. Add to that - I couldn't find a supplier that makes "off the shelf" 3 inch silencers...

hope that made sense..

NS Dev - 9/10/08 at 12:25 PM

Bends problem is easy, make em all from 90 deg bends, remember you don't have to use the whole bend!!!

Just a thin wedge from a 90 deg bend will get you a 7 deg one.

I thought Jetex made 3 inch silencers.

Failing that, milner offroad certainly sell the bits to make 3" silencers

NS Dev - 9/10/08 at 12:26 PM

PS for the bends, use stainless dairy piping and bends, they are dirt cheap, cheaper than demon tweeks mild steel bends by miles

archspeed - 10/10/08 at 07:09 PM

Thanks for all those who replied, its given me plenty to think about!

Kevin