Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: I have a new engine!
pekwah1

posted on 2/11/10 at 04:14 PM Reply With Quote
I have a new engine!

I'm very excited! Picked up my zetec today (thanks clive!).

Have already trial fitted it in the car which looks good, just need a clutch and some engine mounts and i can put it in properly.

Actually, on that topic, if anyone with a raw/sylva striker has a zetec in their car and has some engine mount diagrams, i'd be very grateful.......!

Anyway, roll on the good times!

lotusmadandy

posted on 2/11/10 at 04:20 PM Reply With Quote
Just put the engine and box in the bay
in the correct position,then make your mounts to suit.thats what i have done on two zetec install's.

Simples.

Andy

pekwah1

posted on 2/11/10 at 04:24 PM Reply With Quote
yeh it should be pretty straight forward as i already had a crossflow attached to a type 9 in the car so the zetec mates straight up.

I've actually just phoned Raw enquiring on the price of their mounts. Problem is i can't actually weld and don't have any power at my garage, but if the raw ones are mega expensive i'll just cut all the metal up and give it to someone else to blutak together

lewis

posted on 2/11/10 at 04:52 PM Reply With Quote
I have a blacktop 2.0l waiting to replace my pinto so will be watching your progress closely are you using carbs or injectors? M/s or something else? I have gearbox release bearing clutch flywheel ect so just need to sort ignition,mounts and exhaust, alt bracket,pulley system...manifold oh dear more than I thought lol.
pekwah1

posted on 3/11/10 at 12:06 AM Reply With Quote
i have twin 40 dellortos with an ignition only ecu thingy.... I just need to sort out a clutch setup and engine mounts and then tackle the wiring but hopefully that should be fairly straight forward.....!
pekwah1

posted on 4/11/10 at 02:52 PM Reply With Quote

Exciting times! So the engine fits, i'm even more proud of the engine mounts that i knocked up today.....

The engine is only just hitting the bonnet when it's on, can i get away with less than the 4" sump clearance i currently have? Ideally i'd be looking at somewhere between 3" to 3.5" to get the bonnet on comfortably....

zilspeed

posted on 5/11/10 at 06:34 AM Reply With Quote
Love the sump guard.

I just wouldn't have thought of using one with rollers. It will jusy glide over speed bumps now.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.