Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: bike race cans on lowcosts
paulf

posted on 6/11/04 at 03:49 PM Reply With Quote
Whats inside a bike can then?what back pressure?. I have one on my crossflow powered car and it is working a lot better than the car silencer that disintegrated within 500miles .
What is the best exhaust can to use then in your opinion?.
Paul.
quote:
Originally posted by proper car
bike cans are designed for bike's, believe it or not, have you ever taken one to bits. i cannot emphisise how much the back pressure is to get torque from a small engine, if you think your two litre pinto's sound and look fast with one of these cans on it, think again

proper car

posted on 6/11/04 at 04:35 PM Reply With Quote
the one i took to bits had three chambers and tubes going allways between them. when i used them on my engines they would not rev beyond 11000 RPM!
paulf

posted on 6/11/04 at 04:42 PM Reply With Quote
Well a proper race can is completely straight through, i have a zx9 can , it is 60mm bore with no baffles just a peforated tube wrapped in rockwool. I used a straight through car box to start with and the packing blew out ., this one is lasting much better but is a bit loud.
Paul
quote:
Originally posted by proper car
the one i took to bits had three chambers and tubes going allways between them. when i used them on my engines they would not rev beyond 11000 RPM!

ch1ll1

posted on 12/10/05 at 08:12 PM Reply With Quote
i fitted one on my car
made it very quiet (did have twin cherry bombs on which i didnt fit,hence took them off)

but then i fitted my twin 40's and the sound was totaly different (and no it wasnt the carb noise)

sounded deep and not too loud!
and gave more back pressure so it went better(even with the single carb)
as for the cherry bombs
i threw them as far as possible
but when i got the car it had been in a barn for 10 years
so that explanes that!

OX

posted on 12/10/05 at 08:57 PM Reply With Quote
if your worried about having an illegal bike silencer on your car ,wet and dry the "not " out so it reads "road legal" then get a jubilee clip and cut out the smooth part and stamp the letters bsau 193/t on it then rivet it to your silencer,this was one of required stamps needed for all none standard road cans to get a bike through its mot. wont help you with the sva tho ..havnt done any mot's now for 9 months so things may have changed
8ball s7

posted on 7/11/05 at 11:28 AM Reply With Quote
bike can

i got a bike can on my r-hood s7 mine is actually quieter than the original exhaust.

sounds nicer mind.

flew through the mot with it on too!

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.