Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Thinking about going Kart racing...
StevieB

posted on 26/12/09 at 12:00 PM Reply With Quote
Mark's hit the nail on the head - the plan is to get into some form of motorsport and enjoy myself while gaining some form of experience.

Karting offers cheap entry, local clubs which limits travelling around (I have a young family) and running costs are relatively low.

While I am karting, I shall be saving enough money to buy and prep for car racing - preferbly in a class where, like the karting, it's about fun rather than big budgets.

I have the desire to be a competetive racer eventually, but I'm 31 years old so unlikely to ever achieve much so might as well stick with the fun side of things.

gixermark

posted on 29/12/09 at 08:45 PM Reply With Quote
bang on.... if you go into karting with that attitude and its a bit of craic.. you'll have a blast...

pm me if you wish.... i've been there with karts.. and quite a few other racing disciplines.... settled on cars for now - pipe and slippers required at 33

StevieB

posted on 10/1/10 at 01:56 PM Reply With Quote
Well, got myself a rolling chassis on ebay, so looks like I'm going down the 2 stroke route.

Just need to get a set of wheels (or several sets with tyres) and an engine - probably TKM extreme.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.