<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 911 vs boxster
thunderace

posted on 14/7/10 at 09:50 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Stott
You don't buy a Porsche boxster because it makes financial sense though!,

You buy it because you couldn't afford the 911!

lol

so true lol
thats what i think evry time i see one

Stott

posted on 14/7/10 at 10:11 PM Reply With Quote
exactly, I worked as a tech in a porsche/landrover dealer at the time of launch and that was the general concensus anongst everyone!

I know people don't want to hear it and the boxster is a good car in it's own right but this is what everyones thinking when you drive past! lol

morcus

posted on 15/7/10 at 12:16 AM Reply With Quote
I think the boxster shape has aged well, and I started liking it fairly recently, same for the Cayman which I also like.

I personally don't care what other people think about me in these matters but most people will see you in your Boxster and assume you wanted a 911. I really like the 944 shape and I wish Porsche had stuck with the FR layout on a sports car rather than trying to make everything look like a 911, a shape based on something Hitler drew on a napkin in a Café 80 years ago (I went there)

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

Rob Palin

posted on 15/7/10 at 05:12 AM Reply With Quote
I recently bought a 2006 Cayman S because they're much more affordable over in the States. That stuff about it and the Boxster somehow being like booby prizes is rubbish.

People joke that the 911 is a great car but has a fundamental flaw in its engine position. The Boxster & Cayman fix that whilst keeping pretty much all the other good qualities of the bigger cars. They're lighter, better balanced and more responsive. They're marginally slower in a straight line but 170mph is 'sufficient' for the real world, isn't it? Plus they're far cheaper. Where is the bad in this? Personally I think they're bloody marvellous!

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.