<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: for sale maybe
shorts

posted on 14/4/11 at 07:24 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by shorts
Hi All

Firstly i would like to thankyou all for your support with the exhaust manifold thing with MK, But as you may guess i still have not had any answers, for me to get my car on a trailer and get it over there will be about 2k by the time i have somone else to make me a manifold, so i am thinking of selling up the kit cost me 8k i think i have spent around 10.5k in total so what do you think its worth ? it needs and airbox, an ehaust manifold a rear cover for the boot area and steering set up. starts on the button no probs albeit noisy. there some pics on my profile.

i sold my perfectly good indy blade to carry out this project as it was something i always wanted to do. A BIG THANKYOU TO MK SPORTSCARS.

latest update is i have spoken with a couple of exhaust manufacturers and they can't make one without the car being there and at 2k i am not going to do that, has anyone here got a 2008 r1 motor in an mk that the manifold can be copied,
i am willing to pay if you can do that.

shorts

posted on 14/4/11 at 07:27 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by shorts
quote:
Originally posted by 40inches
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
Why on earth can't you use or modify the bike manifold?? Just put a 90 deg bend afterwards so it goes along the side of the car... I'd never pay more than £100 for such a trivial thing

That's what I did, perfectly acceptable.

just looked at your on your photos, what a good idea looks good to.

hi the way you did your exhaust i am not sure i can do that as mine goes directly below the motor and i would lose all ground clearance. how much do you have under yours ?

Alfa145

posted on 14/4/11 at 08:39 AM Reply With Quote
have you spoke on the phone to mk again since starting this topic?
40inches

posted on 14/4/11 at 09:37 AM Reply With Quote
hi the way you did your exhaust i am not sure i can do that as mine goes directly below the motor and i would lose all ground clearance. how much do you have under yours ?

So does mine, hangs below the sump by about 60mm, so about the same as a CEC bell housing.
The collector is twin walled with insulation in between, I cut the outer wall off the bottom, that gave me about 15mm extra clearance.
The convoluted piece is a TruFlex bendable pipe, a brilliant bit of kit that I got at Stonleigh last year for £40, saved hell of a lot of grieve because of the tightness of the bends.
You can get one 2' TRUFLEX STAINLESS FLEXIBLE EXHAUST PIPE BEND TO SUIT | eBay UK but you will have to pay postage.

shorts

posted on 14/4/11 at 11:41 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 40inches

So does mine, hangs below the sump by about 60mm, so about the same as a CEC bell housing.
The collector is twin walled with insulation in between, I cut the outer wall off the bottom, that gave me about 15mm extra clearance.
The convoluted piece is a TruFlex bendable pipe, a brilliant bit of kit that I got at Stonleigh last year for £40, saved hell of a lot of grieve because of the tightness of the bends.
You can get one 2' TRUFLEX STAINLESS FLEXIBLE EXHAUST PIPE BEND TO SUIT | eBay UK but you will have to pay postage.

thanks for that i have seen some 08 r1 headers on ebay i might purchase one and see what i can do, looks like i may be able to use the exup valve also by doing it your way.

matt_gsxr

posted on 14/4/11 at 11:52 AM Reply With Quote
If you are going to get one made, the trailer your car to them, that way it will fit and you can avoid further pain.

To my mind its one of those cases where trying to take a short is probably not worth it.

shorts

posted on 14/4/11 at 12:34 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by matt_gsxr
If you are going to get one made, the trailer your car to them, that way it will fit and you can avoid further pain.

To my mind its one of those cases where trying to take a short is probably not worth it.

problem is i live in Guernsey and to get my car to them will cost around 2k with ferries and hotel etc.

matt_gsxr

posted on 14/4/11 at 01:10 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry, I didn't mean go to MK. Its just an exhaust manifold. I meant take your car to a local exhaust place. Surely there is someone on Guernsey who can bend and weld pipes. I made mine (badly) and I can't even weld properly, so it can't be a difficult job for someone who has the skills.

A quick google throws up these guys:

http://www.turx.co.uk/

they seem to be able to bend and weld and are into automotive stuff (and are in Guernsey).

Looks like they could sort you out.

Matt

shorts

posted on 14/4/11 at 04:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by matt_gsxr
Sorry, I didn't mean go to MK. Its just an exhaust manifold. I meant take your car to a local exhaust place. Surely there is someone on Guernsey who can bend and weld pipes. I made mine (badly) and I can't even weld properly, so it can't be a difficult job for someone who has the skills.

A quick google throws up these guys:

http://www.turx.co.uk/

they seem to be able to bend and weld and are into automotive stuff (and are in Guernsey).

Looks like they could sort you out.

Matt

He is a freind of mine but it takes him forever to do stuff for anyone. although he does a good job, and is a nice bloke

we have some good places here. but its sometimes qicker and cheaper to go to the uk,

Dave

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.