Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: IVA fail.
serieslandy

posted on 21/5/14 at 09:07 PM Reply With Quote
Well done on the pass.
Have you had your forms through yet? I applied for mine on the 8th and they arrived yesterday.
Good luck with the dvla

rash12

posted on 22/5/14 at 07:45 AM Reply With Quote
well done good luck with the dvla
CosKev3

posted on 22/5/14 at 09:16 AM Reply With Quote
Excellent

And you didn't get wet!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by The Black Flash
Excellent
Just noticed you're in preston - I'm only just up the road. Any reason you went to carlisle rather than manchester?
Mind you since I've got to wait until mid-june for my retest I might have answered my own question!

Going by what Mac1 told my m8 there is one tester at chadderton that is a iva manual nerd and very picky/strict.

coyoteboy

posted on 22/5/14 at 11:54 AM Reply With Quote
465 rear axle weight? seems high on a mid-front car of this size?

adithorp

posted on 22/5/14 at 01:27 PM Reply With Quote
That calculated weight = weight (inc full tank of fuel) + 75kg occupants and 15kg luggage per seat.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

MsD

posted on 22/5/14 at 02:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ali f27
well done andrew is spot on susan wasnt all that keen on being seen in mine untill we had our first ride out and she saw how many people in super cars want to know about your kit enjoy and hope to meet 1 day

He is that! I just struggled with the Scottish accent! It is an experience that's for sure- will have to see how my mrs copes! We are due a couple of N/w meets this year!

quote:
Excellent
Just noticed you're in preston - I'm only just up the road. Any reason you went to carlisle rather than manchester?
Mind you since I've got to wait until mid-june for my retest I might have answered my own question!

Excellent- where abouts? From what I have heard the inspector (as mentioned) can be very too the book whearas I feel a little common sense needs to be applied aswell! And Andrew said I could have my re-test done the following day ( not that I was ready!) so as you say that could be another reason..

quote:
Originally posted by serieslandy
Well done on the pass.
Have you had your forms through yet? I applied for mine on the 8th and they arrived yesterday.
Good luck with the dvla

Mine have just dropped through the post this morning- so Ill get them written out and sent out ASAP

quote:
Originally posted by rash12
well done good luck with the dvla

Cheers- You'll have too keep us posted on how yours gets through the mine field!

quote:
Originally posted by CosKev3
Excellent

And you didn't get wet!!!!

Win win- it was one of the best days of the year. so for once I had luck on my side.

quote:
Excellent

Going by what Mac1 told my m8 there is one tester at chadderton that is a iva manual nerd and very picky/strict.

quote:
Originally posted by coyoteboy

That's also what I have heard. I had a evening lecture/talk from him once (as part of a group) and he came across very knowledgeable but also very black and white!

465 rear axle weight? seems high on a mid-front car of this size?

As Adi says- theres a little formula they do and then work out the mid point of the car. It confused me at the time. Total weight is just over 600kgs (still quite heavy!)

coyoteboy

posted on 22/5/14 at 06:01 PM Reply With Quote
Ahh I gotcha,fair enough.

The Black Flash

posted on 22/5/14 at 09:11 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MsD

quote:
Excellent

Excellent- where abouts? From what I have heard the inspector (as mentioned) can be very too the book whearas I feel a little common sense needs to be applied aswell! And Andrew said I could have my re-test done the following day ( not that I was ready!) so as you say that could be another reason..

I'm in the Clitheroe area.
Interesting about the testers; I've had two, the first one I thought was very fair indeed, and has been very helpful, even giving me his mobile number so I can check things. The second was rather brusque but didn't seem particularly harsh. On the whole the people there seemed pretty enthusiastic and wanting to get things through. Maybe there's a difficult one I haven't met yet!

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.